This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you feel about censorship in games?

#1Junpei_StupeiPosted 5/2/2013 8:38:51 PM(edited)
How do you feel about censorship in some PS3 games? - Results (34 votes)
I hate it. I absolutely hate it.
88.24% (30 votes)
I like it.
11.76% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm talking about sexual censorship by the way.

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#2BJ_KillPosted 5/2/2013 8:19:04 PM
censorship is never a good thing
---
PSN = Quiet024
#3DBN_StealthPosted 5/2/2013 8:20:32 PM
“Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.”

-Mark Twain
#4zyrax2301Posted 5/2/2013 8:20:52 PM
Depends on what kind of censorship you're talking about. Censorship is good when it is used responsibly for the right content.

I suspect you're talking about panty shots or something
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#5RoachmeatPosted 5/2/2013 8:23:03 PM
"Hate it, etc."

If you were handing me the game for free, I'd understand censoring stuff perfectly. That's akin to basic cable when compared to the folks who pay more for the "premium" channels.

Most of these games are going for $60 and up. On the PC you can get games cheaper in a STEAM sale, and then throw a "free" mod on them to uncensor them.

Bottom point, I've seen more decapitations in videogames than restroom humor, and both type of games run for more than a cheap B movie.
#6jubjub360Posted 5/2/2013 8:40:12 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
Depends on what kind of censorship you're talking about. Censorship is good when it is used responsibly for the right content.

I suspect you're talking about panty shots or something

He's complaining about dragon's crown's cover and how it doesn't show boob.
#7Junpei_Stupei(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 8:42:58 PM(edited)
zyrax2301 posted...
I suspect you're talking about panty shots or something.

Correct, but I don't see the point in them since Teen ratings allow partial nudity. Why would you censor something when it's already allowed in the first place? The only reason I could think of is to protect themselves from raging puritan parents. This is an example:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18mh2vvu82yrtjpg/k-bigpic.jpg

It adds no substantial effect to reduce the thought of something sexy in this pic. The only thing it did is to piss people off.

* I expect the "I like it." votes to increase by the way after posting this.
---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#8zyrax2301Posted 5/2/2013 8:45:14 PM(edited)
lol I thought so.

In the case of that picture, I think that's poor use of censorship. Unnecessary.

She's not naked, and the pose isn't explicit. I think censoring genitalia is a good thing though, especially the pingas. I saw that horse dick in RDR and I freaked out man
---
Why? Because **** you is why.