This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

No game series is more overrated then MGS

#121jrocx39Posted 5/3/2013 4:09:26 PM
I love MGS. Always have, always will. If you don't like it that's okay.
#122OEIO999Posted 5/3/2013 4:16:43 PM
ryouma17 posted...
necro00 posted...
No game series is more overrated then MGS

devil may cry.

god of war.

half life.

halo.

call of duty.

street fighter.

uncharted.

and the list goes on, so yes there are plenty of other games thats more overrated then MGS

CoD and SF aren't overrated. Everyone plays them for fun and no-ones proclaiming them as the best games in teh world!!! (Or at least anyone sane)
#123mjc0961Posted 5/3/2013 4:21:04 PM
JerichoDarkstar posted...
Opinion: "I don't like MGS as much as other people do. It's just not my type of game."

Fact: "MGS is a good game series and a lot of people really do like it as much as they say they do."

TC: "MGS is the most overrated game ever!" <-- incorrect assumption

I've done this many, many times before, TC. Just because you don't like a game series doesn't mean it's overrated. Feel free to post your opinions, but don't go around stating it as a fact.

The only problem is that he's calling it the most overrated. Overrated in itself does not mean bad. If people are giving a game 10/10s when it deserves 9/10s, that's overrated, but not saying the game is bad. Just that it's not as good as people claim.

Most overrated would be that the game is getting 10s when it deserves 1s, and for MGS, that is indeed incorrect. But you talk like calling anything overrated is calling the game bad, and that's incorrect too.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#124JCtheArchangelPosted 5/3/2013 4:23:10 PM
SIGNED!
---
Good: Blizzard games, Star Oceans, Final Fantasy 4-10, Resident Evil 1-6, Mass Effect series, Naruto UNS series
Bad: FF 11+, movie games, 1st person shooters
#125monkeypahngPosted 5/3/2013 4:23:54 PM
CoD likes to disagree with you. They pay a lot to get those overrated scores! >=(
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#126Hunter1534Posted 5/3/2013 4:24:15 PM
Di..did you just say the MGS games deserve 1s? I understand not having any interest in them, but c'mon.
---
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on hara kari rock. I NEED SCISSORS! 61!
#127Anarchy612Posted 5/3/2013 4:27:45 PM
CoD would like a word with you
---
Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything.-Adroc Thurston
PSN: Anarchy612
#128ArmPillowPosted 5/3/2013 4:38:08 PM
i disagree.

Versus XIII, a game not even released is so overrated people actually think it can save Square-Enix
---
R.I.P. LucasArts
#129grungastzenkiPosted 5/3/2013 4:40:13 PM
I play many action games and MGS series is the best of them all, so no
#130KyoKusanagiPosted 5/3/2013 5:43:36 PM(edited)
ArmPillow posted...
i disagree.

Versus XIII, a game not even released is so overrated people actually think it can save Square-Enix

The game isn't even out yet, so you haven't even played the game yet. How would you know it's overrated?

TC: Call of Duty says hi. I remember reading a quote that said "Call of Duty is basically Facebook with guns."
---
www.samuraisnake.com
www.youtube.com/thesnake383