This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

No game series is more overrated then MGS

#141ZignoffPosted 5/3/2013 8:39:30 PM
Uncharted series would beg to differ.... in terms of overrated piles of garbage Uncharted 2 is the king of it.
---
Here comes a New Web Comic for gamers, BY a gamer, Critique is welcomed as long as you are positive about it.
http://hatetheplayer.thewebcomic.com/
#142XFactor1Posted 5/3/2013 8:49:12 PM
Are you skilled at the game? The controls are very easy about after 10 minutes of getting acclimated with them.

This is how it's supposed to be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXp4KW9-Fp0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G9ZTQqTkxE

necro00 posted...
Played the HD collection. Found all of the games boring and with awful controls. Story was out there too nothing redeeming about these games IMO. What's all the praise for?

---
--
#143DocsDeLoreanPosted 5/3/2013 8:51:19 PM
This topic is overrated. MGS is the greatest piece of entertainment ever created.
#144Devil875Posted 5/3/2013 8:52:15 PM
Batman games are the most overrated the way i see it. The fighting system isn't good or fun at all, and you're just jumping around the other time.
I think if it was the same game but without Batman, most people wouldn't like it.
Also Assassin's Creed, they're kind of the same-ish. And way overrated.

MGS 2 has crappy controls because of the camera, but 3 and Peace Walker are alright, also they can be quite fun.
---
"I am come."
#145Yargitsu99zPosted 5/3/2013 9:00:22 PM
Final Fantasy
---
[Expletive deleted at request of Gamefaqs]
P.o.I.: you may know me as; "Zanzibar Man", "----824", or "Sam Yargo".
#146HabefietPosted 5/3/2013 9:04:08 PM
JerichoDarkstar posted...
Habefiet posted...
JerichoDarkstar posted...

Fact: "MGS is a good game series and a lot of people really do like it as much as they say they do."

You again?

>.>

You can't do this. You can't factually state that subjective material is good. You just can't. Is Twilight good? It's one of the best-selling book/movie series of all time. Tons of people love it to pieces. Is it objectively good on that basis?

You can just throw objectivity right out the door with all video games. It doesn't exist here. So, the only thing we have to go on is overall rating. The FACT is MGS has existed for quite some time. Time and again it has sold well, and it gets relatively good ratings and feedback from its players.

Did I say, "MGS is the best game EVAH!" No. Did I say, "Anyone who doesn't like MGS is stupid!!!" No. I stated a fact. Good for a series can be measured on a majority of things like sales, popularity, longevity, etc., and MGS games usually has all the above.

So, if I want to state that "MGS is a good game series and a lot of people really do like it as much as they say they do," I am completely within my right to do so. I'm not stating anything that is incorrect.

I liked the part where you said we can throw objectivity out the door and then went on to say that it's a fact that it's good. Nicely done.

"Good" is a subjective quality assessment. Sales do not mean good. Popularity does not mean good. Longevity does not mean good. They support your personal definition of good.

I also like how you ducked my question, but glad to know that based on your criterion Twilight is objectively good, or at least good on the objective standards by which you allow yourself to rate goodness.

... I mean do you seriously not recognize that you completely contradicted yourself by saying that we can't objectively rate games and then claiming the games are objectively good based on objective criteria
#147Yargitsu99zPosted 5/3/2013 9:04:10 PM
http://iwantmoar.com/4768
---
[Expletive deleted at request of Gamefaqs]
P.o.I.: you may know me as; "Zanzibar Man", "----824", or "Sam Yargo".
#148Skull007o_OPosted 5/3/2013 9:06:56 PM
Devil875 posted...
Batman games are the most overrated the way i see it. The fighting system isn't good or fun at all, and you're just jumping around the other time.
I think if it was the same game but without Batman, most people wouldn't like it.

Wrong I guess, sleeping dogs uses a quite similar combat system and many people think it's better than a couple of sandbox games out there

Besides, the fighting system isn't by any means the best feature that game has to offer
#149XxIamKiraXxPosted 5/3/2013 9:20:33 PM
Ummmm, every Zelda game ever would like to have a word with you.
#150DarkGam3rPosted 5/3/2013 9:26:17 PM
And then a handful of people discovered what it's like to encounter disagreeing opinions to their own.
---
As gamers get older there's an expectation for games to mature with us, but the fact remains that simple fun with friends will never go out of style