This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

No game series is more overrated then MGS

#161MajorHoppyPosted 5/4/2013 12:23:08 AM
Personally, I rather enjoyed all of the Metal Gear Solid games. I know that other people might not like them and that is fine with me but, I can't stand it when a person only superficially summarizes their dislikes about a game or a series. If you can actually concisely explain your grievances with the series than please do so in the future. Thank you.
---
I just cant sit any other way than this. If I sit the way other people do, my reasoning ability drops by 40%.
#162You_Need_A_LifePosted 5/4/2013 4:55:10 AM
necro00 posted...
No game series is more overrated then MGS

I agree, but only from MGS2 and onward. The series REALLY went downhill after the first MGS.
#163MATADOR480Posted 5/4/2013 10:39:43 AM
MGS4SNAKE posted...
TeraPatrick2008 posted...
way more overrated:

- Elder Scrolls series
- Uncharted
- God of War
- Mass Effect
- Halo
- Crash Bandicoot
- Jak & Daxter
- Ratchet & Clank
- Assassins Creed
- Borderlands
- StarCraft
- World of Warcraft
- Smash Bros.
- LittleBigPlanet
- Tony Hawk Skateboarding
- Just Dance
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour

.. just to name a few!

Out of this list, Halo, Elder, Starcraft, WoW, Smash bros are the overrated games.

Crash and Tony Hawk were overrated in the PS1 days, these games are becoming unheard of. Golf is underrated in the general sport, even less for a video game and Assassin's Creed is losing its fan base.

Call of Duty series the definition of overrated, nothing original or exciting to show off, same old junk, year in year out, its multiplayer can be addicting and thats all it gets.

Shenmue and Vanquish is what you call underrated. MGS series? is just right, a new release every 3 to 4 years, engaging story, decent gameplay & something new every release.

Nailed it.
---
3DS FC: 5456-0191-1034 PSN ID: MATADOR480 (PM if you add)
#164suprsoliderPosted 5/4/2013 11:23:17 AM
Well I genuinely liked the story in each one (except for 4, I hate that game)

I buy systems just for Metal Gear, been that way since the NES. Metal Gear on the NES made a big impression on me as a child for being so radically different from the norm that I grew to love the series with each installment (except for MGS 4 since that is still the biggest disappointment this gen, Peace Walker redeemed it though).

I like it for MY OWN REASONS not because I worship Kojima (which I don't, I worship Stan Lee more then Kojima but even then it's slight worship)
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105