This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

No game series is more overrated then MGS

#21SigmaHacielPosted 5/3/2013 9:06:19 AM
...What?

There are tons of franchises more over-blown than MGS.

The MGS crowd is a literal minority compared to others. Sonic, anyone?
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#22somebody336Posted 5/3/2013 9:21:53 AM
ryouma17 posted...
necro00 posted...

devil may cry.

god of war.

half life.

halo.

call of duty.

street fighter.

uncharted.

and the list goes on, so yes there are plenty of other games thats more overrated then MGS

LAAAWL NO! Damn hipsters be infecting these boards lately.
---
http://crabdom.cu.cc/forums/index.php
Fc: 0490-5171-0607
#23DakhanavarXPosted 5/3/2013 9:28:46 AM
necro00 posted...
Hunter1534 posted...
Guys, remember this topic?

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/66108967

You know, you may not like em, but there's a reason they're popular. . They're well made, whether you like em or not, you can't deny that.

Bieber is popular what's the reason for that? Just because something sells does not make it good

Are you a 14 year old girl? If not, then you probably aren't the target demographic. Don't get me wrong, I'd sooner listen to nails on a chalkboard than Bieber, but there's usually a reason just about everything is as popular as it is...otherwise it probably wouldn't be as popular. Me rockin' out to Bieber as a 28 year old guy is about as likely as that 14 year old girl rockin' out to Make Them Suffer. She probably can't understand why anyone would listen to that either.

When talking about things like music and video games, "Good" is most certainly in the eye/ear of the beholder. If we could easily identify what was good in some logical and irrefutable way, then we'd all enjoy the same exact things. But that's why we live in a world of Bieber and Despised Icon, Angry Birds and MGS, Desperate Housewives and UFC, and everything in between. Different strokes for different folks, as they say.
---
Member of the 8-Bit Playas: http://www.youtube.com/user/8BitPlayas
See my game collection: http://darkadia.com/member/Dakhanavar/library
#24SigmaHacielPosted 5/3/2013 9:30:05 AM
somebody336 posted...
ryouma17 posted...
necro00 posted...

devil may cry.

god of war.

half life.

halo.

call of duty.

street fighter.

uncharted.

and the list goes on, so yes there are plenty of other games thats more overrated then MGS

LAAAWL NO! Damn hipsters be infecting these boards lately.

LOL yes actually. On a great deal of those.

Then again, some are just Sony Pony reasurrance ratings.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#25AnonUnknownPosted 5/3/2013 9:57:43 AM
necro00 posted...
AnonUnknown posted...
necro00 posted...
JerichoDarkstar posted...
Opinion: "I don't like MGS as much as other people do. It's just not my type of game."

Fact: "MGS is a good game series and a lot of people really do like it as much as they say they do."

TC: "MGS is the most overrated game ever!" <-- incorrect assumption

I've done this many, many times before, TC. Just because you don't like a game series doesn't mean it's overrated. Feel free to post your opinions, but don't go around stating it as a fact.

What I said is fact

For you...

For everyone

... whatever you wish :)
#26jubjub360Posted 5/3/2013 9:59:47 AM
Overrated: to rate something as over the norm/general consensus.

Every game is overrated. Hell, Vampire Rain is overrated if one person says it's good.
#27William_18Posted 5/3/2013 10:15:16 AM
necro00 posted...
AnonUnknown posted...
necro00 posted...
Opinion: "I don't like MGS as much as other people do. It's just not my type of game."

Fact: "MGS is a good game series and a lot of people really do like it as much as they say they do."

I've done this many, many times before, TC. Just because you don't like a game series doesn't mean it's overrated. Feel free to post your opinions, but don't go around stating it as a fact.

What I said is fact

For you...

For everyone

For your mom
---
PSN: Kaminari2
If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, put this in your Sig.
#28mventrePosted 5/3/2013 10:22:58 AM
it's the best series created, EVAR!
---
PSN_ID / XBOX: mventre
3DS: 1504-6480-2103
#29slymshadyPosted 5/3/2013 10:26:52 AM
Couldn't agree with the TC more
#30kewldude475Posted 5/3/2013 10:31:02 AM
necro00 posted...

What I said is fact

No, it's not. Not even close. As a matter of fact, a lot of the PS3 board would probably argue with you that Final Fantasy is the most overrated series of all time and that FF7 is the most overrated game of all time..

Like I said, just because you don't find the game appealing, does NOT mean that it's overrated. You didn't like it, and that's fine. But it doesn't mean MGS isn't that good of a game to all the other people who played it and liked it that much.

MGS is not overrated just because you didn't like it. Bottom line.

TC's point was, he can say that anything is "fact" just like you did. Stop passing things off as "fact".
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZAQVsCU.gif