This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

No game series is more overrated then MGS

#51War_FailPosted 5/3/2013 11:05:33 AM
Topic title is absolutely, undeniably the truth.
---
I'll shut you down like a bank on Sunday
#52JerichoDarkstarPosted 5/3/2013 11:08:57 AM
kewldude475 posted...
You can't objectively classify a game as overrated, and you can't objectively classify it as good.

Also, I literally read "You can just throw objectivity right out the door" as "You CAN'T just throw objectivity out the door". That makes tremendously more sense, and isn't stupid. This was a grand misreading of mine, since it made a reasonable statement sound just... horrible.

Oh, lol. I see. No prob. Happens to me constantly. I misread stuff all the time, so I understand. Sorry for backlashing so hard.
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
PSN: DarkSilverCloud
#53StephieGamerPosted 5/3/2013 11:08:59 AM
It's pathetic how you guys continually fall for Necro's troll threads.
Nearly every thread he makes is to rile up fans of certain games, or piss people off, or make people argue.
Yet you guys keep giving in to him as he sits back and laughs.
---
My name's Reggie. I'm about kickin' ass. I'm about takin' names. And we're about makin' games.
#54velvet_hammerPosted 5/3/2013 11:11:50 AM(edited)
StephieGamer posted...
Nearly every thread he makes is to rile up fans of certain games, or piss people off, or make people argue.

this, also same goes for shine my boxers, gucciburrtroll, teleknotics, sophi, war fail, xcitme and a few others..
---
"My style is welfare, half of you b****** is on it!!
Was born with a halo, when broke, I had to pawn it" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olVPXpGohII
#55JerichoDarkstarPosted 5/3/2013 11:10:34 AM
StephieGamer posted...

You know how some people get the feeling they just have to fight the secret boss in a game, even if there are no real rewards. . .

I get that feeling running into topics like these. Wrong? Perhaps. Challenging and somewaht fun? Just a little bit ;)
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
PSN: DarkSilverCloud
#56gilv3rPosted 5/3/2013 11:13:45 AM
Than*
---
PC PS3 3DS
#57necro00(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 11:14:22 AM
StephieGamer posted...

What are you talking about?
#58-Zelmor-Posted 5/3/2013 11:15:36 AM
StephieGamer posted...

This. Also, it's the same usual trolls that are coming in to stir up the war with comments like "TC speaks the truth, blah blah blah".
---
The official ruler of the Langrisser board. Just a heads up, don't ever bet your account on soccer matches, "sob sob".
#59DakhanavarXPosted 5/3/2013 11:21:34 AM
JerichoDarkstar posted...

I dare you to show me how objectivity can be used in genuinely classifying a game as overrated. How in the world are you going to measure it?

This. That's why the word "overrated" is almost always misused. I'm not even sure you can use it and be correct in the grand scheme of things. What something is "rated" is based on a general consensus. An individual disagreeing with that consensus means nothing other than they disagree with whatever the more popular opinion is.

We're not rating stock speeds of sports cars or the atomic mass of elements on the periodic table. How good or bad a game is comes down to opinion at the end of the day. I don't like some very popular games. I love some rather unpopular games. Doesn't make any of them over or underrated.
---
Member of the 8-Bit Playas: http://www.youtube.com/user/8BitPlayas
See my game collection: http://darkadia.com/member/Dakhanavar/library
#60Hunter1534Posted 5/3/2013 11:23:52 AM
Why the f*** is this thread still here?
---
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on hara kari rock. I NEED SCISSORS! 61!