This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

No game series is more overrated then MGS

#61El_ZaggyPosted 5/3/2013 11:25:36 AM
People are still stuck in the era where MGS was considered good ? Unbelievable...
#62Illusive_VorchaPosted 5/3/2013 11:27:20 AM
I would say Mass Effect is pretty damn overrated as well. The first two titles are mediocre gameplaywise and the story goes from average(ME1) to abysmal with the sequels.
#63FulvipPosted 5/3/2013 11:31:13 AM(edited)
El_Zaggy posted...
People are still stuck in the era where MGS was considered good ? Unbelievable...

And you are still stuck in a world where only your opinion matters, it seems.

Halo, Gears, God of War, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Skyrim and GTAIV are way above MGS on my overrating scale.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: TERA, MGR, TR
#64donkeyjackPosted 5/3/2013 11:34:01 AM
DakhanavarX posted...
JerichoDarkstar posted...

I dare you to show me how objectivity can be used in genuinely classifying a game as overrated. How in the world are you going to measure it?

This. That's why the word "overrated" is almost always misused. I'm not even sure you can use it and be correct in the grand scheme of things. What something is "rated" is based on a general consensus. An individual disagreeing with that consensus means nothing other than they disagree with whatever the more popular opinion is.

We're not rating stock speeds of sports cars or the atomic mass of elements on the periodic table. How good or bad a game is comes down to opinion at the end of the day. I don't like some very popular games. I love some rather unpopular games. Doesn't make any of them over or underrated.

Thank you.
#65War_FailPosted 5/3/2013 11:34:46 AM
Hunter1534 posted...
Why the f*** is this thread still here?

Typical MGS fanboy.

"Waaaaah! Somebody expressed a negative opinion about MGS/Kojima! Shut them down mods!11!!!"
---
I'll shut you down like a bank on Sunday
#66kingrat2314Posted 5/3/2013 11:38:07 AM
necro00 posted...
Played the HD collection. Found all of the games boring and with awful controls. Story was out there too nothing redeeming about these games IMO. What's all the praise for?

That sounds like your problem. You don't like it, that's fine. Doesn't mean it's overrated.
---
Logical Fallacies: The official language of Gamefaqs!
With just a whisper, they're all ears.
#67CyhortI82Posted 5/3/2013 11:43:13 AM
Killah Priest posted...
Thats cool, personally I love them.

This, also, GTA, Zelda, Mario, Gears of War, Final Fantasy, Half Life, all way more overrated than MGS.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I love DLC :) Story>gameplay>>>graphics.
#68wstfldPosted 5/3/2013 11:44:10 AM
What? The controls are so tight.
---
Last Played: God of War Ascension (8/10)
Now Playing: SOTC HD, StarCraft 2, Wipeout 2048, Guacamelee
#69CyhortI82Posted 5/3/2013 11:49:45 AM
wstfld posted...
What? The controls are so tight.

I usually hate when people say this, but really if someone's complaining about the controls in an MGS game they're most likely just really bad at the game.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I love DLC :) Story>gameplay>>>graphics.
#70DualShooter23Posted 5/3/2013 11:50:20 AM
3 and 4 are prob my top two games ever. Why hate man? I love em so what? Leave em alone and play something you find fun instead of making fun of those who actually enjoyed the games. Thanks.
---
Currently Playing: UMVC3(Nova, Spence, Doom), Persona 4 & P4A(Chie), Xenoblade Chronicles ,Injustice(Black Adam), and Guacamelee!