This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Splinter Cell Blacklist MP trailer; Spies vs Mercs.....3rd person vs 1st person?

#1Devilman_AmonPosted 5/3/2013 8:07:58 AM
http://gematsu.com/2013/05/splinter-cell-blacklist-spies-vs-mercs-trailer
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#2Paragon-57Posted 5/3/2013 8:11:14 AM
Nice! Even though I spent 90% of my time in the SP of the SC games, glad to see this is returning.
---
P a r a g o n - 5 7 was here!
Happy Gaming!
#3Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 8:16:29 AM
Paragon-57 posted...
Nice! Even though I spent 90% of my time in the SP of the SC games, glad to see this is returning.

but you didnt answer mah question
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#4Paragon-57Posted 5/3/2013 8:17:08 AM
From: Devilman_Amon | Posted: 5/3/2013 12:16:29 PM | #003
Paragon-57 posted...

but you didnt answer mah question

3rd person, cause I prefer stealthy over run 'n gun most of the time.
---
Happy Gaming!
#5You_Need_A_LifePosted 5/3/2013 8:18:28 AM
They brought that mode back? Cool!
#6superbowl54Posted 5/3/2013 8:31:09 AM(edited)
what's your question?

Spies are played in 3rd person, so you can sneak around more easily, be all acrobatic, you can use all sorts of gadgets, hang from rails (one of my favorite things to do is use a friend as a decoy, get the merc to pass by me hanging so I can grab him and pull him down to his death). You get night vision and thermal vision, can sneak around in vents, etc. In Double Agent, spies had no offensive weapons.

Mercs are played in 1st person, almost like an FPS, you get multiple visions (electro vision to see if a spy is using his night/thermal vision), a motion tracker, and a headlamp to see in dark places. You can set traps with remote and proximity mines, send a bot into vents to see where spies are, you get a charge move and a spinning melee move, assault rifle and grenade launchers for when those pesky spies are trying to hide. There's trip lasers and cameras you can hack into which would set off an alarm if a spy breaks it.

It's quite honestly the greatest multiplayer mode ever conceived. At least pre-Double Agent anyway. It's an incredible game of cat and mouse. We'll see how the new one goes when it comes out.
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, Injustice, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC
#7Paragon-57Posted 5/3/2013 8:31:11 AM
Oh, THAT'S what you meant! Haha!

Yeah, superbowl's post. Spies are 3rd person, and Mercs are 1st person. Spies use stealth to take down the run 'n gun / tactical Mercs.
---
Happy Gaming!
#8Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 8:45:10 AM
Ah! Ok thanks but that brings up a question I could never really answer that many FPS purists like to bring up:

They say there's an "unfair advantage" that a MP shooter game has in third person because of the wider field of vision perspective it gains, (this was usually brought up in Uncharted vs FPS topics) as well as the ability to take away the benefit of cover since you can platform or something.

truth to that?
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#9superbowl54Posted 5/3/2013 8:56:19 AM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Ah! Ok thanks but that brings up a question I could never really answer that many FPS purists like to bring up:

They say there's an "unfair advantage" that a MP shooter game has in third person because of the wider field of vision perspective it gains, (this was usually brought up in Uncharted vs FPS topics) as well as the ability to take away the benefit of cover since you can platform or something.

truth to that?

Not sure I follow.

Are you asking if it gives the people using 3rd person view an advantage?

If it's simply a shooter, I can could see that, since you can usually move the camera around and see all around your character, but in Splinter Cell, it's pretty fair since spies have no offensive capabilities.
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, Injustice, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC
#10kzooanimalPosted 5/3/2013 9:31:26 AM
i used to play chaos theory on the original xbox with a close friend whos family moved across country for his father's job, we used to play this mode and it was so fun. we would just used sticky cams as spies and glitch out of the map or just put mines every where as the mercs, i am actually interested to see how this game formula carries over to the new consoles (hopefully for the best)