This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are these games fun?

#1MACH0Posted 5/3/2013 5:15:30 PM
I need some new games, I only have a handful of games. So I had a look at some on gamefaqs and youtube. And i made a list of some games that look interesting.
Im mainly looking for fun, easy going games. Not a complex storyline, but interesting enough. Collectibles and replaybility a bonus. Do any of these it the bill:

Sleeping dogs
Just Cause 2
Prototype 1
prototype 2
GTA 4
Tombraider Trilogy
Resident Evil 6
Portal 2
Nier
Jak and Daxter Trilogy
Saints Row the third

Thanks guys.
#2jammiesPosted 5/3/2013 5:16:37 PM
Yes
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#3MACH0(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 5:17:46 PM
Sorry I should be more specific. I don't want to buy them all...
Just 1 or 2.

Thanks for the reply though.
#4peinxkonanPosted 5/3/2013 5:18:09 PM
I can vouch for Portal 2.

I think GTA IV is no fun at alll, I tried forcing myself to play the game for the story, and even then I couldn't finish it.

I haven't played the rest, but the Jak and Daxter collection seems worth it.
---
---Doesn't care
#5zinformantPosted 5/3/2013 5:21:10 PM
I can vouch for Sleeping Dogs. Think of it like GTA in a novel setting. It's good fun.

Jak was tolerable in 2004, but I feel it has vestiges of old, punishing platformers too much. Look at the Ratchet and Clank Collection instead if you're thinking platformer over sandbox.

It's worth noting both of those are fairly cheap.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#6guineathewopPosted 5/3/2013 5:22:17 PM
You'll be balls deep in fun and collectables in the first Prototype.
I'm not a fan but lots of people say the same about Just Cause 2.
#7SDFan18Posted 5/3/2013 5:23:13 PM
I'd go with Sleeping Dogs and Just Cause 2.
---
"Welcome to nowhere and finding out where it is."
http://psnprofiles.com/BBFaNaTiC86
#8mjc0961Posted 5/3/2013 5:25:13 PM
I can vouch for Prototype, Just Cause 2, GTA IV, Portal 2, and Jak and Daxter.

Prototype 2 is okay as well, but the first was better (2 is so easy with such a disappointing use of Alex Mercer). Saints Row The Third is alright, but if you haven't played Saints Row 2 yet, forget about The Third and get 2. 2 is such a vastly superior game to The Third that it's not even funny (I mean it's really not funny. Screw you Volition for what you did to this series). And the Tomb Raider Trilogy is a trilogy of poo. Legends was okay for its time but aged really poorly, and Anniversary and Underworld were bad at launch. Don't bother.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#9guineathewopPosted 5/3/2013 5:26:21 PM
Also Sleeping Dogs is free on PS+ in North America this month so you may want to hold off buying that. Even if you don't have plus you could get probably sign up for less than the cost of the game.
#10badboyPosted 5/3/2013 5:27:18 PM
You should get GTA IV and Sleeping Dogs at least. The other ones aren't bad either.