This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are these games fun?

#11Anarchy612Posted 5/3/2013 5:30:37 PM
MACH0 posted...
I need some new games, I only have a handful of games. So I had a look at some on gamefaqs and youtube. And i made a list of some games that look interesting.
Im mainly looking for fun, easy going games. Not a complex storyline, but interesting enough. Collectibles and replaybility a bonus. Do any of these it the bill:

Sleeping dogs
Just Cause 2
Prototype 1
prototype 2
GTA 4
Tombraider Trilogy
Resident Evil 6
Portal 2
Nier
Jak and Daxter Trilogy
Saints Row the third

Thanks guys.

Of what I've played
Just cause 2...OK
Prototype...fun
Jack and daxter...great
Saints row...fun
Gta4...not a chance
---
Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything.-Adroc Thurston
PSN: Anarchy612
#12Justice98405Posted 5/3/2013 5:40:39 PM
Sleeping Dogs is surprisingly good, and fits most of the criteria you stated.

Just Cause 2 also does, but the game is a mixed bag, some people had a LOT of fun with it, and people like me were not as impressed and got bored with it pretty quick.

Prototype is a TERRIBLE game, get InFAMOUS instead if you haven't already played it, they're fairly similar in overall nature and gameplay concepts (to a degree) and it's MUCH better than Prototype.

GTA IV, wow, out of the loop much? :) I loved it, some though it was too restrictive, but best main character for the series, and a GREAT overall story with good supporting characters.

Tomb Raider Trilogy, good stuff, Anniversary is good early on (I haven't played much of it), Legend was a good game, and it's got Underworld, which personally I wasn't that big on, but others really liked it.

Portal 2, GREAT game. Also, best, co-op, EVER.

Nier, a REALLY big 'hit or miss' title. I took a chance on it (360 version) and while it's QUITE rough around the edges, there's a pretty cool game there.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#13Devilman_AmonPosted 5/3/2013 5:40:57 PM
Sleeping dogs - yes
Just Cause 2 - yes in bits
Prototype 1 - yes cause mayhem
prototype 2 - never played
GTA 4 - no
Tombraider Trilogy - kinda but dat precision platforming
Resident Evil 6 - no
Portal 2 - interesting
Nier - no. Only nice music and story. Gameplay is dull
Jak and Daxter Trilogy - never played but I guess
Saints Row the third - silliness
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#14bretnsidPosted 5/3/2013 5:47:23 PM
I've only played Prototype 1 on that list, but it was one of my favorite games. Great action and freedom of movement with some really cool moves/weapons you can upgrade.

Oh I also played some of GTA 4 but it's pretty dull, IMO. And Portal 2 I've played the co-op and it's great - the single player is probably good too.
---
Metal Gear Solid 4 : Guns of the Patriots! (4/15/06)
Damn the Patriots! Sneak Out 6.12.08 - SNAAAAKE!
#15peter_888Posted 5/3/2013 6:39:35 PM(edited)
MACH0 posted...
I need some new games, I only have a handful of games. So I had a look at some on gamefaqs and youtube. And i made a list of some games that look interesting.
Im mainly looking for fun, easy going games. Not a complex storyline, but interesting enough. Collectibles and replaybility a bonus. Do any of these it the bill:

Sleeping dogs
Just Cause 2
Prototype 1
prototype 2
GTA 4
Tombraider Trilogy
Resident Evil 6
Portal 2
Nier
Jak and Daxter Trilogy
Saints Row the third

Thanks guys.

I only played portal 2 and nier. portal 2 is pretty fun. As for Nier, ummm.... I can't really say the gameplay is all that fun. The story is great but not so much the gameplay. But since your not looking for easy going games and not really looking for story, it's kind of hard to recommend Nier.
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#16MACH0(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 7:54:46 PM
Do u level up or achieve special skills/items, as u progress, in Just Cause 2?
#17TheRavenKCPosted 5/3/2013 8:11:13 PM
MACH0 posted...
Do u level up or achieve special skills/items, as u progress, in Just Cause 2?

You can upgrade your weapons and vehicles with parts you find scattered around, but there is no level or skill system. It's still a great game though.

Saint's Row The Third is a lot of fun also, it does have skills and levels.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/TheRavenKC Play Like A Raven
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/search/TheRavenKC/
#18jimihendrixfrkPosted 5/3/2013 9:01:28 PM
Can I UNrecommend a game. Prototype was a very UNfun game IMO. Prototype promised a godlike experience and I've never felt more like a weak ragdoll getting tossed around by EVERYTHING. Not sure if 2 fixed that though.

I second Just Cause 2. It seems like you're wanting a fun simple game and this fits the bill extremely well. The map may be RIDICULOUSLY large, but everything is straight forward enough.

Nier is also not a good choice for what you're looking for.
---
I can't write coherent sentences, so I use pictures. - MourningReigns
#19Emi3280Posted 5/3/2013 9:24:53 PM
-Sleeping dogs
Very good sandbox game. It's practically the only open world game that features Hong Kong, not the typical american cities from GTA.

-GTA 4
Very good game, the missions are great and all the stuff you can do, it's very fun. I recommend you to buy the "Complete Edition", because it comes with two DLC chapters, that are different story modes with different people, but the stories pretty much blend together at a certain point. I'm not going to spoil anything, I'll just tell you it's amazing.

-Tombraider Trilogy
I never liked Tomb Raider, neither the Uncharted series that's practically Tomb Raider with a guy as protagonist.

-Resident Evil 6
I only bought it for story mode, and I'm more than satisfied. Also having the ability of shooting while walking made it better gameplay-wise than the other games from the saga.

-Saints Row the third
A must buy. Period.
---
PlayStation Network: DarkEmigaru98
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emi3280
#20digitalwill2000Posted 5/3/2013 9:42:57 PM
Portal 2, jak trilogy and saints row the third.

Cant speak for nier.

The rest you listed are bloody awful
---
Internet Troll = Someone who attempts to aggravate online.
GameFaqs Troll = Anyone with an opinion...