This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any Ps3 owners kind of hate the ps3?

#1SexPantherPandaPosted 5/3/2013 4:32:54 PM
I've owned one since 07 i've played the hell out of it but the god damn updates make me sick. I cant tell you how many times i was ready to dig into a ps3 games and then boom 700 meg update. I just bought resistance 3 put it in for the first time GIANT UPDATE good look 30 - 60 mins later to play the games...

Is this going to stop with the PS4? I feel like ps3 games are broken when they require such huge updates like they were shipped incomplete. Yes it was a rant...
#2peinxkonanPosted 5/3/2013 4:36:07 PM
Too be honest, I "kind of hated" every system I've ever owned.

I bought my ps3 sometime in late 2010, and haven't been unusually disappointed.

I don't play it as much as I used too, though.
---
---Doesn't care
#3SDFan18Posted 5/3/2013 4:37:48 PM(edited)
Can't say I'm a fan of all the updates and installing either. I've got a decent connection though, so it makes it a little easier to tolerate. I forget all about it once I get gaming though.
---
"Welcome to nowhere and finding out where it is."
http://psnprofiles.com/BBFaNaTiC86
#4crazyman32Posted 5/3/2013 4:37:22 PM
NO.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#5SexPantherPanda(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 4:39:17 PM
And what happened to 3D games i personally love them I picked up Resistance 3 cause of the 3D. Is 3D gaming going away?
#6David_FaustinoPosted 5/3/2013 4:42:31 PM
yea i hate it i love sony and the playstation brand but i.ll be the first to admit it kinda sucks oh well i kinda hated the ps2 as well but not as much as the ps3
---
SVER is not OP people in the other factions are genuinely bad. GTA is the greatest franchise ever. bethesda games are boring. these are all FACTS
#7PsychoWolfXPosted 5/3/2013 4:55:43 PM
Nope I love my PS3. I wish I would have jumped on the Sony Pony from the start rather then spending most of this gen with the 360.

Exclusives
Free Online
Superiour online store (I know others disagree with this, but I've downloaded MUCH more off PSN then Nintendo's stores, Xbox Live and even Steam)

I've been with Sony from the start and just feel more at home with the PS3.

Downloading updates never really bothers me, and I am SURE that 90% of you have much faster internet then me out here in the Canadian wilderness.
#8peter_888Posted 5/3/2013 5:11:33 PM
well I really like my ps3, but I do get annoyed with it sometimes with the updates
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#9Video_Game_CzarPosted 5/3/2013 5:15:36 PM
I think all three are crap...But the PS3 is the worse of them. I love the games...The system tho is a freakin' joke.

That XMB is so slow.

Crap level BluRay drive

System crashes the most out of the three [Have/Had both fat/slim].

Store only seems to get worse and worse.

HDD is a joke, Deleting data when putting it into another PS3. The 360's idea is so much better here.

PSN is still pretty crap when compared to XBL.

Stupid trigger L2/R2 buttons.

Getting hacked.

PS3 blackout...Really, What system have you ever bought that locked you out?

But...Again, I love the games. Uncharted, InFamous, Yakuza, God of War, 3D Dot Game Heroes and so on.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#10SexPantherPanda(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 11:58:32 PM
Video_Game_Czar posted...
I think all three are crap...But the PS3 is the worse of them. I love the games...The system tho is a freakin' joke.

That XMB is so slow.

Crap level BluRay drive

System crashes the most out of the three [Have/Had both fat/slim].

Store only seems to get worse and worse.

HDD is a joke, Deleting data when putting it into another PS3. The 360's idea is so much better here.

PSN is still pretty crap when compared to XBL.

Stupid trigger L2/R2 buttons.

Getting hacked.

PS3 blackout...Really, What system have you ever bought that locked you out?

But...Again, I love the games. Uncharted, InFamous, Yakuza, God of War, 3D Dot Game Heroes and so on.

Good post im on the same page, so many of there games i love. Killzone and Resistance are kind of underrated imo at least they don't get talked about much. But the small things about the ps3 sucks.