This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone love Jak And Daxter 1 but not 2 and 3.

#11awesomesauce13Posted 5/4/2013 3:46:20 AM
I like all 3, but I wish they'd stuck with a style closer to Jak 1 with the sequels
#12DarknessXSeekerPosted 5/4/2013 6:52:58 AM
No, I love all the Jak games, but my favorite is Jak 3.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#13SoaringDivePosted 5/4/2013 7:19:07 AM
Jak & Daxter was great until Sony told ND to make shooters (so basically, only the first one was good). After Jak & Daxter, ND hasn't made a single game without guns other than Jak X. Sony's greed forced out pretty much all creative aspects of ND. Thanks for EA-ing things up, Sony...
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#14stawg007Posted 5/4/2013 9:00:39 AM
SoaringDive posted...
Jak & Daxter was great until Sony told ND to make shooters (so basically, only the first one was good). After Jak & Daxter, ND hasn't made a single game without guns other than Jak X. Sony's greed forced out pretty much all creative aspects of ND. Thanks for EA-ing things up, Sony...

Wow, so much stupid in such a small post

Anyway, Iv seen quite a few100 ps2 games lists and in every one of them iv seen Jak 2 there, higher than the other two games with Jak 1 being lowest and Jak 2 usually in the top 10 or 20
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#15kupo1705Posted 5/4/2013 9:02:31 AM
I love 2 and 3, but I think 1 is just okay.
It's a good game, but it's just a 3D platformer with nothing special to it.
#16LuminescentRulePosted 5/4/2013 9:03:01 AM
I loved 1 & 3. 2 was too hard (even though I finished it).
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#17servb0tsPosted 5/4/2013 9:18:41 AM(edited)
I platinum all 3. but all 3 felt boring, I tried to like the Story but each one falls short.

Both Sly & R&C series better than J&D
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
If PS4 Bans Used Games, It will Die Faster than PSPGO. Like ET
#18SocialAssassinPosted 5/4/2013 9:11:13 AM
2 was the absolute worst. It just had so many problems.

Jak 1 > Jak 3 >>>> Jak 2, IMO
---
Hoist the colours high!
When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome again. True story.
#19Hunter1534Posted 5/4/2013 9:13:26 AM
SoaringDive posted...

What a stupid post
---
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on hara kari rock. I NEED SCISSORS! 61!
#20NeoGeoXSegaPosted 5/4/2013 4:59:40 PM
J&D1 was great when I played it 10 years ago. When I bought the collection this year, it was just decent. Great lookin' game still, but the gameplay felt boring and dated.

Jak 2 was a pain in the ass, but story was way better. The gunplay could've been a lot tighter, inconsistent difficulty, brutal checkpoint system and no fast travel feature. The vehicles were fragile as hell too.

Jak 3 was decent, no real improvements on the controls. The driving was a nightmare. They toned down the difficulty way too much. Story was meh.

It's an ok series overall. They have nothin' on the first three R&C games though.

The open world & pure platforming of Jak 1 is still unique enough to this day.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX