This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are New games cheaper than Gamestop Used games?

#11FreeFlowTw1tchPosted 5/4/2013 12:43:31 PM
Because GameStop as a whole is simply a company looking to generate profit and have no concern for the hobbyist that shop there. Ta-da.
#12Godly_GoofPosted 5/4/2013 12:49:09 PM
Because game prices with them are hit and miss is why lol.
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#13crazyman32Posted 5/4/2013 1:49:47 PM
shawnmck posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...

If you don't like people hating on Gamestop then DON'T post in topics about it.

^ If you don't like me posting, then TOUGH **** !

These anti gamestop topics are beyond stupid.
Nobody is being forced to shop there, yet some people love to act like they were victimized somehow.
it's pathetic.

You would be best to ignore Junpei he is just a western hating troll. I shop at Gamestop and don't care about some of the ridiculous over the top topics about Gamestop acting like your some tortured victim for shopping there.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#14crazyman32Posted 5/4/2013 1:53:06 PM
shawnmck posted...
Certain games maybe, but not all.
I see games drop in price at gamestop (new) well before they do at any other place.

But it depends on the game.

And STOP hating...if you don't like gamestop so much, then DON'T shop there.
W-T-F is the problem ?

I agree.I have seen cheaper prices at Gamestop on several games before but,yes it does depend on the game.
---
I apologize for nothing.
#15AceAndJunpeiPosted 5/4/2013 1:59:25 PM
crazyman32 posted...
shawnmck posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...

If you don't like people hating on Gamestop then DON'T post in topics about it.

^ If you don't like me posting, then TOUGH **** !

These anti gamestop topics are beyond stupid.
Nobody is being forced to shop there, yet some people love to act like they were victimized somehow.
it's pathetic.

You would be best to ignore Junpei he is just a western hating troll. I shop at Gamestop and don't care about some of the ridiculous over the top topics about Gamestop acting like your some tortured victim for shopping there.

LOL, I'm not Junpei_Stupei. If I "hated western" games, why would I have rated Bioshock Infinite a 9/10 in my sig?

Do you read before you jam your Cheetos-stained fingers on the keyboard?
---
Now Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening (9/10), Bioshock Infinite(9/10)PS3),guacamelee!(Vita) Maintenance (PS3)
#16animanganimePosted 5/4/2013 2:09:21 PM
Because people on eBay and amazon don't have to pay employees and the rent to have a real location where people can go to and buy the game immediately?
---
WC i5 2500k @ 4.4 ghz, 2x GTX 670 DirectCU II, Corsair P128 SSD, 16gb G.Skill 1600 DDR3, Zalman 1000W PSU, Cosmos 1000 Case, HP LP3065 @ 2560 x 1600 IPS
#17Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 2:48:54 PM
animanganime posted...
Because people on eBay and amazon don't have to pay employees and the rent to have a real location where people can go to and buy the game immediately?

Rule out best buy right,
Later
#18DragoonGriffithPosted 5/4/2013 2:54:05 PM
The worst part is seeing a game like NieR being that dirt cheap.

I mean, in a way it's good, because more than likely someone who was on the fence about it will just get the game when it's cheap.

On the other hand, the game deserves so much more.
---
DQ: VII > V > VI > VIII = IX > III > IV > I > II
#19crazyman32Posted 5/4/2013 3:01:37 PM
DragoonGriffith posted...
The worst part is seeing a game like NieR being that dirt cheap.

I mean, in a way it's good, because more than likely someone who was on the fence about it will just get the game when it's cheap.

On the other hand, the game deserves so much more.

I have been able to buy some games cheap like The Saboteur&Singularity which are both very good games but,unfortunately didn't sell many copies.
---
I apologize for nothing.
#20jubjub360Posted 5/4/2013 3:02:12 PM
A. Lol at "fake new".
B. Because the company sets the prices and they can also set the price of the used games. If gamestop sets a used game at 45 bucks, it's because gamestop set the price (Due to supply and demand for the game). Amazon sets the price as well and occasionally undercuts other places. It's called business competition for a reason.