This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTA5 is GOTY...... Japanese developers need to take notes!

#1Strider_ReyokoPosted 5/4/2013 9:20:59 AM
We all know this game is going to be AAA. All games that R* makes are pure gold. GTA5 is going to be the best open world game on PS3. Japanese devs are falling behind, where are all the good Japanese games? During the PS1 era it was all about Japanese games, not it looks like the western developers are taking over (besides Hideo Kojima... he still knows how to make epic games)

-GTAV
-Beyond 2 Souls
-Last of Us

Besides MGSV, what exciting Japanese games are coming out?

Square Enix sucks... can't even release FFVersus13. Capcom = Crapcom, they killed Mega Man and ruined DMC

Sorry Japan, seems like your time is done. Looks like the west is getting better at you at gaming.
#2peter_888Posted 5/4/2013 9:23:04 AM
seeing how GTA4 absolutely bored me, I'm not holding my breathe for GTA5.
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#3BilI_RizerPosted 5/4/2013 9:23:11 AM
What an original and exciting topic.

And The Evil Within will be better than all those games. Mikami is better than any hack game designer working on what you listed.
#4deadmarvPosted 5/4/2013 9:25:08 AM
Strider_Reyoko posted...
We all know this game is going to be AAA. All games that R* makes are pure gold. GTA5 is going to be the best open world game on PS3. Japanese devs are falling behind, where are all the good Japanese games? During the PS1 era it was all about Japanese games, not it looks like the western developers are taking over (besides Hideo Kojima... he still knows how to make epic games)

-GTAV
-Beyond 2 Souls
-Last of Us

Besides MGSV, what exciting Japanese games are coming out?

Square Enix sucks... can't even release FFVersus13. Capcom = Crapcom, they killed Mega Man and ruined DMC

Sorry Japan, seems like your time is done. Looks like the west is getting better at you at gaming.

Tell me you're being sarcastic. If not you're just going to provoke the regionally challenged trolls who feel the opposite.
---
All PS3 owners should boycott Bethesda.
#5Ray_d2nerdPosted 5/4/2013 9:26:23 AM
i like every Ryu ga Gotoku (Yakuza) game more than gta.

And i really dislike loads of the so accomplished western common denominator games.

Not being cool against mainstream, just prioritizng story and decent gameplay, which gaming nowadyas is lacking as a whole in both markets.
Especially the triple A titles.
---
"i was a too long signature for gamefaqs so i changed myself into this miserable shape!"
From Ray_D2Nerd's Signature.
#6pokemon_45_79_1Posted 5/4/2013 9:26:24 AM
Oh look this topic again, another useless waste of time topic. This topic should go well.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#7Kai101xPosted 5/4/2013 9:27:03 AM
Y'all need to chill with this "GOTY" bs.
#8Shy420Posted 5/4/2013 9:29:31 AM
Just curious, why does this matter to you? Wouldn't you rather just play good games? I mean, who cares who makes them.

Granted I do miss the unique games that the Japanese used to make but I experienced them only through imports.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#9kel25Posted 5/4/2013 9:30:40 AM
One of the biggest reasons why Japanese games are considered to do poorly this generation is because they are trying too hard to be like western games. So your solution to this is to try to be more like western games?
#10Strider_Reyoko(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 10:05:48 AM
BilI_Rizer posted...
What an original and exciting topic.

And The Evil Within will be better than all those games. Mikami is better than any hack game designer working on what you listed.

You have not even seen a single gameplay of that game and you think it's gonna be better... LMAO. Didn't he ditch The Devil's Third? And did he work on NG3 and DOA5? If so he's lost his charm.

Ray_d2nerd posted...
i like every Ryu ga Gotoku (Yakuza) game more than gta.

And i really dislike loads of the so accomplished western common denominator games.

Not being cool against mainstream, just prioritizng story and decent gameplay, which gaming nowadyas is lacking as a whole in both markets.
Especially the triple A titles.

Um yeah... I've played Yakuza and the 'open world' in that game is not even close to even GTA4. Please go

kel25 posted...
One of the biggest reasons why Japanese games are considered to do poorly this generation is because they are trying too hard to be like western games. So your solution to this is to try to be more like western games?

Trying hard to be western games yet falling short? LOL, what is the point of that? Why not make games like FF Versus 13 which looked like one of those good ol japanese games we so dearly loved. All the best Japanese game devs are making bad decisions all around.