This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you like better, single player games, or multiplayer games?

#1PancakesRock15Posted 5/4/2013 11:54:21 AM
Topic - Results (119 votes)
Single player
94.12% (112 votes)
Multiplayer
5.88% (7 votes)
This poll is now closed.
To clarify, what I mean my single player is that it's single player orientated (maybe with a tacked on multiplayer that doesn't matter), and by multiplayer I mean mostly multiplayer orientated (possibly with a tacked on single player campaign)
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[Red ||||||||||||||| Green ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] Blue.
Can't wait til PS4. PSN:Ultimatepancake
#2wstfldPosted 5/4/2013 12:15:32 PM
I can play a great multiplayer game for years (see Star Craft, Red Alert, Goldeneye, Mario Kart, Counter-Strike, COD4, etc.). I also just enjoy competing. I love playing sports games and fighters with friends (and online play allows me to do that from across the country which is awesome), that stil hasn't gotten old in 25+ years of gaming.

I view singleplayer games as more of a movie or book, than multiplayer games which I view as an activity. My best gaming memories are mostly multiplayer, so I guess I like multiplayer better.
---
Last Played: God of War Ascension (8/10)
Now Playing: SOTC HD, StarCraft 2, Wipeout 2048, Guacamelee
#3MlREFOXPosted 5/4/2013 12:22:02 PM(edited)
Multiplayer by far and away.

Video games have always been a social hobby, from Pong to arcades to the implementation of online multiplayer. Nothing will beat 2-player Mario World, Contra, Bubble Bobble, etc., countless hours of StarCraft, AoE, GoldenEye, and Smash Brothers in the dorms, the first time a MMORPG got me hooked (FFXI), or all the times we've gotten together for Rock Band, CoD Zombies, Mario Kart, etc.

A good single-player game can be fun, and I've always enjoyed RPGs, which have eaten up countless hours of my free time, but the fun to be had gaming with friends will always outweigh single-player time sinks.
#4Ray_d2nerdPosted 5/4/2013 12:23:12 PM
Single player for most stuff, since the multiplayer community normally is quite....... special if played online and not locally.
---
"i was a too long signature for gamefaqs so i changed myself into this miserable shape!"
From Ray_D2Nerd's Signature.
#5PHEEliNUXPosted 5/4/2013 12:27:04 PM
SP

I don't want to be forced to play with someone to enjoy a game
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#6ARMs7777Posted 5/4/2013 12:29:12 PM
Only a very select few games is successful as a multiplayer game and i eventaully get bored of playing the same thing. The rest of enjoyedments from games come from single players experiences so single player gets my vote.
#7luigi13579Posted 5/4/2013 12:33:04 PM
Single player.

I have played and enjoyed a small handful of multiplayer games over the years, but there are many, many more single player games that fall into that category.

Funnily enough, my most played game of all time by far (Diablo II) is primarily a multiplayer game. I did play its SP mode a little bit, but the vast majority of my play time was taken up playing it online (and I'm sure it's the same for most people that played the game).

Really, I'm of the opinion that multiplayer games are far more similar to each other than single player games (although I do concede that many SP games have that problem too), and that multiplayer games generally take much more of your time individually. For those reasons, a multiplayer-focused game has to set itself apart and be *really* good for me to take interest in it, and so, there are a lot fewer that I enjoy / have enjoyed.

Although, I was mostly thinking about online multiplayer games there. If you include local multiplayer, then it's a harder choice. I guess I'd still go for SP though.
#8MlREFOXPosted 5/4/2013 5:59:13 PM
What a sad result. This, more than anything, shows how much the medium, and the playerbase, is in decline from what truly were the good old days.
#9AlltraPosted 5/4/2013 6:13:01 PM
Single Player, and I dislike even a game that has Tacked On MP. I count those as MP games, I don't really care about how you define it for the purposes of this poll. If it has MP of any kind, it's a MP game, and I don't like them.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#10AwayFromHerePosted 5/4/2013 6:14:28 PM
The only games I actually play with others are fighting games.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.