This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you like better, single player games, or multiplayer games?

#11AlltraPosted 5/4/2013 6:20:28 PM
MlREFOX posted...
What a sad result. This, more than anything, shows how much the medium, and the playerbase, is in decline from what truly were the good old days.

I just don't like relying on other people to have fun. In the so-called "Good Old Days" I didn't have to. Many of the MP game experiences back then allowed you to play with AI controlled enemies, so I could have fun with the game without relying on other people. If they'd bring that back, I'd have absolutely no issues with MP games.

AI has improved so much since "The Good Old Days", that I bet even AI enemies and partners could be a quite fun to play with.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#12MlREFOXPosted 5/4/2013 6:24:28 PM
Alltra posted...
MlREFOX posted...
What a sad result. This, more than anything, shows how much the medium, and the playerbase, is in decline from what truly were the good old days.

I just don't like relying on other people to have fun. In the so-called "Good Old Days" I didn't have to. Many of the MP game experiences back then allowed you to play with AI controlled enemies, so I could have fun with the game without relying on other people. If they'd bring that back, I'd have absolutely no issues with MP games.

AI has improved so much since "The Good Old Days", that I bet even AI enemies and partners could be a quite fun to play with.

My point, like I said earlier, is that gaming as a whole, and video gaming as a subset, is a complete social activity. The fact that nearly everyone in the poll prefers single player shows that we've ditched our desires for social interaction and are quite happy as isolated individuals, which I find sad. No AI, no matter how sophisticated, will every replace having a good friend to play a game with.
#13AlltraPosted 5/4/2013 6:34:25 PM
No, but it does make a good substitute for the absense of another person. Your "Friend" won't always be there to play with you, good or otherwise.

Game has NEVER been a social thing for me. NEVER, NEVER, EVER. People are unreliable, stupid and horrible, and I don't wanna have to deal with them anymore than I'm forced to. I have enough trouble dealing with my own stupidity and horrible nature, the last thing I want is to have to deal with other people's as well, or rely on them in order to enjoy myself.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#14jenekiPosted 5/4/2013 7:57:53 PM
Single player can be plenty social once you make it competitive. Join a shmup high score competition, for example. You'll get plenty of people exchanging ideas and sharing information as everyone improves.
---
Raizing. Psikyo. Toaplan.
#15servb0tsPosted 5/4/2013 8:27:18 PM
PHEEliNUX posted...
SP

I don't want to be forced to play with someone to enjoy a game

^^Pretty much this, I deal with enough Asses an Jerk at work an on the road, I don't want to have to deal with these them on my games, it makes it less enjoyable.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
If PS4 Bans Used Games, It will Die Faster than PSPGO. Like ET
#16cirkmetroidPosted 5/4/2013 8:31:37 PM
MlREFOX posted...

The vast majority of vintage video games were single player.

I mean, come on, many of them even had taking turns as their idea of multi-player.

Sure, some games can be fun playing in multi-player when your friends come over...but nowadays most multi-player games are played online, which is what most people don't like.

Playing online is *NOT* social interaction.
---
PSN: Cirkustanz
Sprites rule.
#17Draconas_LyrrPosted 5/4/2013 8:33:38 PM
Single player, though I do love a good co-op game.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..