This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How good is the Skyrim dlc?

#1MMAKSXPosted 5/4/2013 8:03:12 PM
Good, great or amazing?

Do you think it adds much to an already huge game?
#2Emi3280Posted 5/4/2013 8:04:06 PM
One of them adds the ability of creating houses and having children, the other one adds another map, and the other one adds random enemies appearing, killing each NPC in their sight. It is your choice.
---
PlayStation Network: DarkEmigaru98
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emi3280
#3jubjub360Posted 5/4/2013 8:04:10 PM
I thought it was good for what it was. I wished there were more expansion packs for it but for what we got, I was content with it.
#4HoIlywoodPosted 5/4/2013 8:05:41 PM
Emi3280 posted...
One of them adds the ability of creating houses and having children, the other one adds another map, and the other one adds random enemies appearing, killing each NPC in their sight. It is your choice.

Damn really? How does the children thing work? And are they unkillable like other kids in the game?
---
PSN: Ahkiva
#5MMAKSX(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 8:06:57 PM
Quote:One of them adds the ability of creating houses and having children, the other one adds another map, and the other one adds random enemies appearing, killing each NPC in their sight. It is your choice.
@Emi3280

Can you elaborate on that last one?
#6jubjub360Posted 5/4/2013 8:07:13 PM(edited)
HoIlywood posted...
Emi3280 posted...

Damn really? How does the children thing work? And are they unkillable like other kids in the game?

You adopt them from the orphanage in Riften. And yes they are unkillable.
#7HoIlywoodPosted 5/4/2013 8:09:08 PM
MMAKSX posted...
Quote:One of them adds the ability of creating houses and having children, the other one adds another map, and the other one adds random enemies appearing, killing each NPC in their sight. It is your choice.
@Emi3280

Vamps in Dawnguard killed all npcs turning towns into ghost towns when it first came out, even important npcs.....did they not fix that?
---
PSN: Ahkiva
#8MMAKSX(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 8:12:24 PM
Quote:MMAKSX posted...
@Emi3280

Vamps in Dawnguard killed all npcs turning towns into ghost towns when it first came out, even important npcs.....did they not fix that?

@HoIlywood

wow the ****! lol
#9Omega_GilgameshPosted 5/4/2013 8:21:06 PM
HoIlywood posted...

I think the way that guy described it was a little misleading. If you own a house, you get the option to make a child's bedroom area, and if you have that, you can meet one of a number of new child characters and adopt them. Also, if you did the deed in Honorhall Orphanage to initiate a certain questline, you'll get a letter saying you can adopt any of the children there. They'll run around, play tag, ask you to play games, occasionally ask for allowance (I always get a kick out of their reaction to 1000 gold). The whole building houses thing is novel, and for me really gave me a sense that, hey, this place is MINE! It's still a multi-hour process to build the house if you don't have an obscene amount of money to buy tons of material (you'll need a LOT of iron)

Some people feel Dawnguard is the weakest of the bunch. Personally, I see it as a double edged sword. While having the Vampire Lord transformation is kinda cool, I've just never been able to get it to work well for me, often leaving me feeling more gimped than powerful. The werewolf perks, however, are awesome. Being able to finally craft arrows and dragon bone weapons is quite cool, and cross bows are surprisingly powerful, add onto that you can get elemental bolts and their damage potential is extreme. The caveat? Vampires will initiate random attacks on settlements if you fast travel to them at night (7:00 PM to 7:00 AM) and sometimes they'll appear even during the daytime, and if you're unlucky, they'll kill several quest givers and merchants before you can kill them. REALLY annoying. If you complete the Dawnguard side of the quests, these attacks will become much less frequent, but they'll still occur occasionally.

Dragonborn has probably the weaker of the two main quest stories, IMO, but it's got some cool stuff. It's got some powerful spells and enchantments, including a fire spell that does 4 damage over the course of 15 seconds. If you get Aspect of Terror, that goes up to 14 damage over 15 seconds. And it STACKS! So if you hit an enemy three times, it'll do 42 damage PER SECOND! And it costs almost no magicka! And that's just the tip of the iceberg!!! Probably the thing about Dragonborn that people really walk away with is the fact that, unlike Dawnguard, you actually EXPLORE, you've got this huge new piece of land that's not essentially a bunch of hallways with nothing to see on the side. And if you played the Bloodmoon expansion for Morrowind, you'll get your nostalgia sense on overdrive, as not only is the island the same place, but the music's the same!
---
The World's Most Interesting Man: I don't always herp, but when I do, I derp.