This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can we just enjoy JRPGs

#41DragoonGriffithPosted 5/5/2013 12:06:02 PM
Generalizations...

Generalizations everywhere.
---
DQ: VII > V > VI > VIII = IX > III > IV > I > II
#42plasticman13Posted 5/5/2013 12:07:11 PM
How can we enjoy JRPGs when there haven't been any good ones this gen? At least there are plenty of good shooters and WRPGs to play. JRPG fanboys are just jealous.
---
For the latest news on Final Fantasy Versus XIII with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5
#43TiaelPosted 5/5/2013 12:12:11 PM(edited)
This gen/late last gen I've had Radiant Historia, DQIX, DQVI, Ys, Xenoblade, NNK, Soul Hackers, Strange Journey, Trails in the Sky among others that I consider good/great.
And upcoming I have Tales of Xillia, SMTIV, BDFF, plus more upcoming.

I'm not jealous, considering I've also enjoyed Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands 2, ME Trilogy and more.
---
Playing: Final Fantasy III, Tales of Graces f, Soul Hackers
Dragon Quest>Ys=SMT=Tales>Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all five.
#44howdyneighbor25Posted 5/5/2013 12:12:53 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
howdyneighbor25 posted...
Enjoy clunky controls and lolis in every cutscene? No thanks

What game that doesn't exist were YOU playing?

DraGon dogma
---
A new man
Paladin of the Brotherhood of Toeh
#45SigmaHacielPosted 5/5/2013 12:18:23 PM
Tiael posted...
This gen/late last gen I've had Radiant Historia, DQIX, DQVI, Ys, Xenoblade, NNK, Soul Hackers, Strange Journey, Trails in the Sky among others that I consider good/great.

I'm not jealous, considering I've also enjoyed Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands 2, ME Trilogy and more.

plasticman13 posted...
How can we enjoy JRPGs when there haven't been any good ones this gen? At least there are plenty of good shooters and WRPGs to play. JRPG fanboys are just jealous.

Did you just NEVER look or what.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#46plasticman13Posted 5/5/2013 12:27:09 PM
Tiael posted...

plasticman13 posted...

I obviously posted before him. Derp.
---
For the latest news on Final Fantasy Versus XIII with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
#47StarBladeEdgePosted 5/5/2013 12:41:30 PM
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
without bashing shooters or western RPGs?

Am I asking for too much here?

ok but let's still bash lolis !
---
i have a cat called bandersnatcher . the evil in the cat will kill !
bandersnatcher the evil cat !
#48SigmaHacielPosted 5/5/2013 12:48:44 PM
plasticman13 posted...
Tiael posted...

plasticman13 posted...

Yeah. You are a derp. Doesn't matter when YOU posted. The fact these games aren't "new" means you didn't bother looking through the genre for good games period.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#49TiaelPosted 5/5/2013 12:52:16 PM
In any case, just stating I disagree with there not being any good JRPGs this gen, they're just more spread out, generally on handhelds nowadays, but I have enjoyed some console releases.
But different strokes, people may not necessarily agree.

Now if you'll excuse me, back to my DQVI replay.
Either that or Graces f.
Or Blood Dragon.

Damn my gaming tendencies and getting sidetracked with other games.
---
Playing: Final Fantasy III, Tales of Graces f, Soul Hackers
Dragon Quest>Ys=SMT=Tales>Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all five.
#50plasticman13Posted 5/5/2013 12:59:38 PM
plasticman13 posted...
Tiael posted...

plasticman13 posted...

Yeah. You are a derp. Doesn't matter when YOU posted. The fact these games aren't "new" means you didn't bother looking through the genre for good games period.

None of those JRPG games he posted are on the PS3 except for NNK, and some of them aren't even games from this gen. Fact is that JRPGs this gen suck, and the shooting+WRPG genre has produced far better, higher quality titles this gen. So yes, the JRPG genre does suck this gen, and you're just proving my point of jealous JRPG fanboys.
---