This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dragons Dogma size.

#1MMAKSXPosted 5/4/2013 10:02:16 PM
From what I understand the game is decent sized but not like Skyrim, it basically makes a big loop around the only city in the game.

How about the dungeons though? Are they big and varied? Is the whole world basically the same environment though? Is there snow? Swamp? Forest? Etc.

Some say its small, som say its big, that you can get lost in skyrims world but you can see DD's very quickly.
#2velvet_hammerPosted 5/4/2013 10:23:52 PM
its varied, its big, night and day a also very different.. Just get DA.. this game also has a ton of stuff to do post game and awesome NG+.. but I'm to busy in post game right now its great so many new enemies.. I havent even touched DA content yet.. its worth the $40
---
"My style is welfare, half of you b****** is on it!!
Was born with a halo, when broke, I had to pawn it" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olVPXpGohII
#3NeoGeoXSegaPosted 5/5/2013 1:48:33 AM(edited)
There are 6 or 7 towns. Out of those, 2 of them are considered the main towns you will be in the most.
There are also 8-10 dungeons. All of them are well designs & are pretty big. Much less dungeons than Skyrim, but much much better designed. Quality over quantity.

The game map size is huge. Probably nearly as big as Skyrims. It's a misconception with it being small.
You can run much faster & much longer in DD than in Skyrim, so you cover more ground faster.
You can't teleport non-stop to every locations in DD & thus you get a feeling for the environments, while in Skyrim, the illusion of distance is always there since you never actually have to walk from one place to another to judge it's distance.

The environments are on par with Skyrim as well, which is to say not a lot.
Beaches, forests, dead wood forests, rocky mountainsides, green hillsides, swamps, canyons.

Also you can EASILY get lost in DD, the map is NOT looped around just one city! Not even close.

---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#4NicodimusPosted 5/5/2013 2:59:11 AM
You can't teleport non-stop to every locations in DD

Well, you can after you beat the game, and can buy unlimited port crystals. But I get what you're saying, the first time through it's a lot of running and exploring.
---
My movie room: http://imgur.com/a/IjWr1
My pets: http://imgur.com/a/P9VGU
#5FaustXIIPosted 5/5/2013 3:23:14 AM
Is the game worth it though? Does it play a bit like demon/dark souls?
#6doraemonllh1989Posted 5/5/2013 3:46:00 AM
games is good,but the pawn system has some flaws

ai is not smart enough

and the ai behavior changing system is pretty stupid imo
---
I like good games
#7Suppaman234Posted 5/5/2013 4:25:18 AM
6 or 7 towns? I don't think checkpoints, that chapel, and fortresses count as towns. There are only two towns in the game which pales in comparison to Skyrim. The gameplay however is way better than Skyrim and if only Dragon's Dogma had the same amount of environments or content, I'd rate it the better of the two. Also the dungeons vary but they all look the same much like in Skyrim.
#8cirkmetroidPosted 5/5/2013 4:53:14 AM
DD is very much an action/rpg. The combat is pretty fast, and while the vanilla game is rather easy (I've played it on hard mode but this is on a character that had aleady been through the game, I suspect a first time character on hard mode would find it....hard) it's pretty good overall.

The glaring problem with the game is the pop-in with NPC's. Pop-in is normally complained about in video game just for breaking immersion, where something in the distance suddenly appears that wasn't there before, instead of gradually coming in. In DD, you can be running around town, and run right past just about every NPC around you, because they don't even show up on the screen until you are past them.

Some times even when you know right where an NPC is, when you get there it takes about 5 seconds for them to pop out of the ether so you can interact with them.
---
PSN: Cirkustanz
Sprites rule.
#9DarkSymbiotePosted 5/5/2013 5:13:14 AM
Looks big. But it is really small. Also, very little variety.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#10bob15xPosted 5/5/2013 5:42:34 AM
MMAKSX posted...
From what I understand the game is decent sized but not like Skyrim, it basically makes a big loop around the only city in the game.

How about the dungeons though? Are they big and varied? Is the whole world basically the same environment though? Is there snow? Swamp? Forest? Etc.

Some say its small, som say its big, that you can get lost in skyrims world but you can see DD's very quickly.

its all side quests. The actually main quest is pathetically small, the world is pathetically small, the quests are basically kill this many things or go fetch.

Game is overrated, I would give it a 5/10