This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SMT: Devil Summoner or Ni No Kuni?

#41badboyPosted 5/5/2013 11:48:34 PM
MelficeSeph2 posted...
I must say that I am VERY shocked to see so many people against Ni No Kuni. I remember when the game had came out it was being mentioned as one of the best ever. I would have found out myself but digital River screwed up my order. Alright. Now let me ask this. Ni No Kuni or Dragon Quest VIII?

Please note that some of them haven't played the game or just tried the demo. Ask the people who actually played the game.
#42MelficeSeph2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 12:09:21 AM
badboy posted...
MelficeSeph2 posted...
I must say that I am VERY shocked to see so many people against Ni No Kuni. I remember when the game had came out it was being mentioned as one of the best ever. I would have found out myself but digital River screwed up my order. Alright. Now let me ask this. Ni No Kuni or Dragon Quest VIII?

Please note that some of them haven't played the game or just tried the demo. Ask the people who actually played the game.

That was pretty much the point in me making this topic. I wanted input from people who have played the games and could provide the pros and cons of either/both.
---
Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride, you're in good hands.- Gene Starwind
#43Bronze_StuffPosted 5/6/2013 7:02:40 AM
badboy posted...
MelficeSeph2 posted...

I actually have the game, I just didn't like it too much. That said, with the mention of Dragon Quest VIII? Get that, it's no contest. That game is superb all around.
---
Jimbo.
#44HorrorSindicatePosted 5/6/2013 8:20:44 AM
DS is a reprint and has been sold out at least once that I know of. NNK is fairly new and still in it's first print and abundant in supply. If you ever want to play the DS games now's the time to buy em before the price increases again NNK you can buy later. Probably even cheaper.
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
#45MelficeSeph2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 11:15:59 AM
I have made my decision of SMT and DQ8. Thanks everyone.
---
#46SagovicPosted 5/6/2013 11:29:13 AM
Buy Devil Summoner, at least it's something different, unlike the trite, unoriginal and forgettable Ni No Kuni.
---
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
#47choco manPosted 5/6/2013 12:16:00 PM(edited)
You did right by DQ8. NNK has a lot of great qualities, but it's somewhat bogged down with problems. DQ8 is just great all around. I second the poster that suggested getting NNK when it goes down in price because I still recommend it.
---
...l...i...t...t...l...e...m...o...n...e...y...
#48MelficeSeph2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 8:53:13 PM
choco man posted...
You did right by DQ8. NNK has a lot of great qualities, but it's somewhat bogged down with problems. DQ8 is just great all around. I second the poster that suggested getting NNK when it goes down in price because I still recommend it.

Will do!
---