This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shooting games - Gamepad or mouse?

#11RioichiCooperPosted 5/5/2013 12:45:22 PM
While the mouse is far and away the best way to aim in a shooter, I feel the keyboard drags it down. The dual analog method allows for easier control, but is nowhere near as accurate. I think that the Wiimote+Nunchuck combination has the potential to be the best as the Wiimote allows for more precision than an analog stick while aiming and the analog stick on the Nunchuck allows for easier navigation in the environments.
---
All attempts at duplicating it have ended in disaster: four test subjects were horribly broken and twisted when they engaged our Morph Ball prototypes.
#12NarutoPosted 5/5/2013 12:50:15 PM
Gamepad, it's much harder to dodge all of those screen-filling bullets with a keyboard.
#13psprulz2007Posted 5/5/2013 12:52:32 PM
The obvious and only correct answer to this question is Keyboard and mouse. There truly is no debate. There is debate in which a person prefers to use, but no debate as to which is better.
---
PSN(ps3+Vita)+GT= FeelinKorny
#14Still__RippinPosted 5/5/2013 12:55:12 PM
Why is this PC topic being posted here on the PS3 board?

The only things l play on PC are RPG's and RTS. For everything shooter l will stick with my controller.
---
R.I.P
#15ShineboxerPosted 5/5/2013 12:56:36 PM
Why is this PC topic being posted here on the PS3 board?

The only things l play on PC are RPG's and RTS. For everything shooter l will stick with my controller.

Because people on PS3 use a gamepad.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#16glory of power metalPosted 5/5/2013 1:35:52 PM
I fully understand and accept that KB+M is the best way to play shooters but I've just personally never gotten used to it. I started playing FPS games on consoles and when I migrated to PC it was simple to just connect my 360 controller. My main problems are that I can never move fluidly with WASD and I need to sit forward and proper which is very uncomfortable. I can only slouch with a controller.

Controller with inverted Y fo' lyfe.
---
i7-950 3.4GHz | GeForce GTX 285 | 16 GB DDR3 | 650W | NEC 2490WUXi 1920x1200
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher