This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Was THQ the first company that started the "Online Pass"?

#51jubjub360Posted 5/5/2013 5:12:18 PM
sw00p_0ne posted...
From: Miz_iZ_AwSOme_X | Posted: 5/5/2013 8:08:10 PM | #048
jubjub360 posted...
Miz_iZ_AwSOme_X posted...
jubjub360 posted...
gutted past participle, past tense of gut (Verb)
Verb
1.Take out the intestines and other internal organs of (a fish or other animal) before cooking it.
2. Remove or destroy completely the internal parts of (a building or other structure).

I get everything in a "gutted" copy. Oh do you mean the "DERP NO WRAP ON IT!!!!" argument? You obviously don't understand what a "display copy" is.

those display copies shouldn't be sold as new especially when most of them copies were taken home by a gamestop employee

Here let me go ahead and stop you right now. Yes I read the rest but this is about.... 3-4 years out of date information. That may have been corporate policy before 2010, but it no longer is (many users on here who worked for them can indeed confirm this). If you catch someone doing that, report them.

This still happens I had it happened last year,when WWE 13 came out I was in a rush and still bought the "display copy" for the brand new price + taxes when I got home I put in the code and it didn't work.

However what I did to fix this problem I called Gamestop and ask for the cashier who sold me the game and he asked me to come by and pick up a code He did apologize too.

Now people should be cautious about the display copies they should either avoid them or ask for a code if they decide to buy them.

You're wasting your time. You'd have better chances talking to a wall. Maybe he is indeed on their payroll, I honestly wish he is, because if he's doing it for free, then that's pathetic.

And the troll arises. How surprising.

/sarcasm.
#52FayeLadyPosted 5/5/2013 5:15:48 PM
jubjub360 posted...

/sarcasm.

Its not actually trolling if they think people who spend time helping other people for free are pathetic.
That is kinda the nature of the site, however.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#53jubjub360Posted 5/5/2013 5:24:32 PM
FayeLady posted...
jubjub360 posted...

/sarcasm.

Its not actually trolling if they think people who spend time helping other people for free are pathetic.
That is kinda the nature of the site, however.

Eh... Provoking other users to respond inappropriately is a broad definition. That's why I follow what's posted under board etiquette:

Trolling
Trolling is not someone posting an opinion that differs from yours, but someone posting a message designed to get others mad enough to violate one of the other rules. Going on a board and posting "This game sucks and everybody who enjoys it is stupid" is trolling, and nothing good will come of it. Going on a board and posting "I hated this game, the controls were awful," isn't trolling, although it may not be popular opinion. Even if you disagree, you can either debate the user on their points or just ignore it.

(source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/board_etiquette.html Under number 4)

He is technically trolling because he is posting misinformation and saying that anyone who disagrees is a Gamestop employee on their payroll. He then goes on to flame me by calling me a tool.
#54garyhauserPosted 5/6/2013 10:03:47 PM
Funny, I thought Satan started the first online pass.
#55m100t1s(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 4:07:12 AM
stay on topic, ladies.
#56AnonUnknownPosted 5/7/2013 4:08:10 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#57TheHateIsStrongPosted 5/7/2013 4:33:47 AM
Don't you buy your games new, TC?
---
It's on.......
#58m100t1s(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 4:55:11 AM
Don't you buy your games new, TC?

I do, why you askin'?
#59LionheartCJPosted 5/7/2013 5:14:48 AM
howdyneighbor25 posted...
Shineboxer posted...
Don't care.

This. If ur to poor to spnend $10 dollars for a pass u shuldnt be gaming

What a bleak looking future it's going to be if this is the mindset people are starting to have
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q - Best piece of videogame music, ever