This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Far Cry 3 BD is neat but the frame rate is awful

#51CrimsonGear80Posted 5/5/2013 9:14:35 PM
No offense, really, but if that's true, I don't think you should talk about what's acceptable for frame rates

When it comes to PS3 games, yes I can.

You guys can be PC experts, I own over 200 PS3 games. I know when a PS3 game runs bad.
---
Glad DmC shipped a million copies and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#52lambchipsPosted 5/5/2013 9:23:54 PM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-far-cry-3-blood-dragon-face-off
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#53angry_cowtipperPosted 5/5/2013 9:42:44 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
No offense, really, but if that's true, I don't think you should talk about what's acceptable for frame rates

When it comes to PS3 games, yes I can.

You guys can be PC experts, I own over 200 PS3 games. I know when a PS3 game runs bad.

Owning a lot of games doesn't really make you an expert. And if it is known the games fall below 30 fps, their framerates are not good. These are just simple truths, and if you can't tell when a game is falling below that 30 fps mark, you are blessed in that you can happy with just about anything, but cursed in that you can't see quality. I'm glad you enjoyed FC3 on your PS3 though, and apparently are enjoying BD as well.
---
Don't Starve (PC), Okami HD (PS3), Gears Judgement (360), Dungeon Defenders (AND), ACIII: Liberation (VITA)
#54wheepitupPosted 5/5/2013 9:47:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#55CrimsonGear80Posted 5/5/2013 10:25:09 PM
Owning a lot of games doesn't really make you an expert. And if it is known the games fall below 30 fps, their framerates are not good. These are just simple truths, and if you can't tell when a game is falling below that 30 fps mark, you are blessed in that you can happy with just about anything, but cursed in that you can't see quality. I'm glad you enjoyed FC3 on your PS3 though, and apparently are enjoying BD as well.

Oh watch out, my games don't run at 120fps so I'm "cursed" at not seeing quality.....

If you wanted reassurance for your PC investments, wouldn't it be easier to go to the PC board and lick each other's boots there? You can take weepitup with you, it seems like he's had a hard day as well.
---
Glad DmC shipped a million copies and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#56angry_cowtipperPosted 5/5/2013 10:46:44 PM(edited)
CrimsonGear80 posted...

Oh watch out, my games don't run at 120fps so I'm "cursed" at not seeing quality.....

If you wanted reassurance for your PC investments, wouldn't it be easier to go to the PC board and lick each other's boots there? You can take weepitup with you, it seems like he's had a hard day as well.

Okay, well I didn't really say you cursed because your games don't run at 120 FPS, more because you apparently can't tell the difference between 30 fps and below, which can also be a good thing for a single system owner. As well as the inexperienced probably shouldn't listen to in regard to fps matters. I am a 360, PS3, PC, PSP, and Vita owner, and am happy with each one for different reasons.
---
Don't Starve (PC), Okami HD (PS3), Gears Judgement (360), Dungeon Defenders (AND), ACIII: Liberation (VITA)
#57anonymous46773Posted 5/6/2013 4:39:37 AM
So... what exactly is the framerate on BD? IIRC, FC3 ran pretty awfully at around 20 fps. About the same?
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#58tripZ504Posted 5/6/2013 5:35:17 AM
anonymous46773 posted...
So... what exactly is the framerate on BD? IIRC, FC3 ran pretty awfully at around 20 fps. About the same?

How did you figure out it was 20fps? Or that's just what people say....
---
YouTube - tripz504
#59ShineboxerPosted 5/6/2013 5:53:37 AM
RoxasANobody posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...
The framerate is fine.

You must have super un-realistic standards or you just don't know what constitutes a "bad" framerate.

Games like Far Cry and Assassin's Creed do have bad framerates. Everything on consoles have bad framerates. The only two games (that I can think of) with superior framerate would be Forza and Gran Turismo. These standards come from editing videos with 60+ FPS and having the ability to slow/speed it down/up. It also comes from seeing the difference between Battefield 3 on the PC and Battlefield 3 on the consoles.

There are differences and the higher standards come from PCs.

I don't give a **** about PCs. I don't give a **** it they can run games at 30000000fps or 1fps.

I stand by what i said.

You're not very bright then.

1 FPS is unplayable to anybody with a brain.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#60ScarletSpidey1Posted 5/6/2013 6:45:18 AM
carsauce posted...
Well I'm sorry if you took that word as bad, but I meant hack as in game that is changed into a different type of game.

I guess RDR: Undead Nightmares is a "hack".
Infamous: Festival of Blodd got to be a hack also?!
Half-Life:Blue Shift?

Just to let you know the correct term you are looking for is "Stand-alone Expansion packs".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expansion_pack#Stand-alone_expansion_packs

They have been around for quite awhile, just new to home consoles.
---
The Official Hero for Hire, Luke Cage. The Power Man of GameFaqs