This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What games you were hyped for this gen but in the end just sucked?

#51Symphony42Posted 5/7/2013 12:47:34 AM
Dead Space 3. I have yet to beat the first level out of sheer boredom/disappointment.

It is not the series I fell in lesbians with.
#52mjc0961Posted 5/7/2013 12:53:35 AM
Saints Row The Third
Mass Effect 3

Too be fair, they don't really suck, there's still good gameplay to be had there. But they're both such a massive disappointment compared to their previous games that it feels like they sucked in comparison.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#53CrossRavenPosted 5/7/2013 12:54:36 AM
Assassin's Creed III - the payoff to the 5 game build up for Desmond's story line was pure crap
Mass Effect 3 - this one doesn't need an explanation
Last Remnant - I wish I knew it was a Kawazu game before hand

Controversial pick:
Ni No Kuni - This game basically drags out everything just for the sake of dragging it out. I guess it doesn't "just suck", but it has some of the WORST remnants of old school JRPGs and does very little to make up for them, aside from the wonderful Ghibli style. Basically, I feel it wants to be Level 5's other game DQVIII but just fails miserably.
---
"Give me a Y....Give me an R....Give me a Break" - Yuna, Rikku and Paine
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Cross Raven
#54matt091282Posted 5/7/2013 12:54:54 AM
mjc0961 posted...
Saints Row The Third
Mass Effect 3

Too be fair, they don't really suck, there's still good gameplay to be had there. But they're both such a massive disappointment compared to their previous games that it feels like they sucked in comparison.

Even though Mass Effect 2 was still a tough act to follow, I agree.
#55mr_indiffPosted 5/7/2013 1:05:46 AM
Assassin's Creed 3 and Demon Souls.

Assassin's Creed 3 had too much hype and promise, but flopped in the end. It felt like a forced ending -- they could've either ended the series properly or set-up the series for a next big phase. I was hoping for a good characterization for Connor and development for Desmond (and friends). At the very least I enjoyed running around, doing some sidequests and killing things, but the story had much to work on.

Demon Souls - I don't think the game sucks, and I think it's a good game. But, on a personal level, was a disappointment. It didn't grip me as it does other people; and given I don't have much game time nowadays, the grinding idea wouldn't workout for me. I usually look for story and characters, and I don't feel like the character I made is me living in that world.
#56jing0000Posted 5/7/2013 1:14:23 AM
Diablo 3.

I was never expecting it to live up to it's hype though so that maybe not count.. I don't get hyped to far up on stuff.. but it was still one of the more bitter events of the gen for me.

being on the PS3 is not going to fix any of the issues with it.
---
none
#57eyenjektPosted 5/7/2013 1:45:31 AM
wipeout.

i was expecting what would be the spiritual successor to wipeout xl, on a more advanced system. more complicated courses, increased responsiveness, higher frame rates. we got the higher frame rates, and slightly increased responsiveness. but without crazy more complicated courses, the frame rate and responsiveness didn't matter.

and even though the controls were more responsive, the air brakes were far too imprecise and floaty.

this should be THE game that gets better and better with each console generation.
#58Enix BelmontPosted 5/7/2013 1:52:50 AM
Resident Evil 6. Hate the game more than I thought I ever would, considering I love 5 and until 6, actually LIKED the action direction the series was going. 6 was soulless and bad.
---
'Come fight beside me,' I said to myself, and although it doesn't make sense, I held my own hand as a small sign of trust, and together I made my defense.
#59NolaxPosted 5/7/2013 1:59:38 AM
Ni No Kuni - The story was terrible and the combat was bad.
Dragon Age 2 - Bad from start to finish.
#60R2BDSiPosted 5/7/2013 2:39:34 AM
Spider-Man 3