This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS4 no BC?, biggest mistake ever....'GTA V, MGS V, FF13, GT6, TLOU, BTS...

#21PicassoSU87Posted 5/6/2013 4:54:57 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
Why is everyone here acting like BC is bad?

I don't think anyone thinks BC is bad but it'll increase the price point when an easier solution is to just keep your current system. I personally would love BC if the ps4 was still at a reasonable price. who wouldn't?
---
PSN: Reddogtag
#22Combo MasterPosted 5/6/2013 5:01:36 PM(edited)
PicassoSU87 posted...
zyrax2301 posted...

I don't think anyone thinks BC is bad but it'll increase the price point when an easier solution is to just keep your current system. I personally would love BC if the ps4 was still at a reasonable price. who wouldn't?

It could increase sales to though. Would it not sell more at launch knowing you can play your ps2/3 games on it in possible better quality as well as just the limited supply of ps4 games? It depends on how much more were talking.

Bottom line is ps3 console sales will take a hit and they lose out in the future of selling ps2/ps3 games on the ps4 from virtual console blah blah $$$$$$$$
---
Combo Master
#23PicassoSU87Posted 5/6/2013 5:03:58 PM
Combo Master posted...
PicassoSU87 posted...
zyrax2301 posted...

It could increase sales to though. Would it not sell more at launch knowing you can play your ps2/3 games on it in possible better quality as well as just the limited supply of ps4 games? It depends on how much more were talking

how much more is definitely the question. if they can do it without jacking up the price too much, I don't think there's any problem with BC. the ps3 was very expensive at launch because of BC and I think that's why people are saying they'd rather not have it.
---
#24Combo MasterPosted 5/6/2013 5:11:53 PM
The reason was because of a blu ray player to which were expansive at the time of launch. $500 and bc imo is way better than $400 without it in the long run at least for me
---
Combo Master
#25Godly_GoofPosted 5/6/2013 5:17:41 PM
PicassoSU87 posted...
Combo Master posted...
PicassoSU87 posted...
zyrax2301 posted...

It could increase sales to though. Would it not sell more at launch knowing you can play your ps2/3 games on it in possible better quality as well as just the limited supply of ps4 games? It depends on how much more were talking

how much more is definitely the question. if they can do it without jacking up the price too much, I don't think there's any problem with BC. the ps3 was very expensive at launch because of BC and I think that's why people are saying they'd rather not have it.

Or make both? Your losing out on potential customer that may buy PS4 with BC and then go back and get PS2 and PS3 games since they didn't have a PS system till now or skipped a gen, not to mention because not all games are on PSN

Not to mention the PS3 "wasn't" BC either until hackers fixed that problem >.>. Wonder how long till the "not" BC PS4 lasts before they fix that too.

Not to mention also not transferring over DLd games to the PS4 is totally F-ing stupid to since their is litterally no reason they can't still play them since it doesn't require a Blu-Ray disc reader and since it can already stream them it should be able to play them...
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#26PicassoSU87Posted 5/6/2013 8:03:02 PM
There's definitely no excuse for the dl games. Don't know what they're thinking there. For the record I'm pro BC as long as the price is right. If they make both versions I'd be happy with that. Then I can keep my ps3 and pay less and anyone who wants to pay more for the BC can. Options are never a bad thing.
---
#27SgtBass8705Posted 5/6/2013 8:43:55 PM
zyrax2301 posted...

It's just loyalist that act this way. Anyone who says to just keep your PS3 must have more money than sense. A lot of us trade to go to the next gen. PS1, PS2, and early PS3 gave us BC. We all payed for digital copies that are tied to a PSN account, and there better be some way to provide us with BC on atleast those (Gaikai). Anyone who disagrees has been through more brain washing than a Mormon girl in south Texas.
---
PSN: JoshD8705
#28riddlebox89Posted 5/7/2013 9:19:11 AM
R_Jackal posted...
To the people who don't understand the TC's point:

Stopped right there, the fact that you're agreeing with one of the most pathetic people on this site makes this argument and any argument you'll make in the future invalid.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#29iPr0kkaFTWPosted 5/7/2013 9:22:17 AM
mogar002 posted...
Joeydollaz flopic
#30este914Posted 5/7/2013 9:25:20 AM
iPr0kkaFTW posted...
mogar002 posted...
Joeydollaz flopic

(s)he strikes again
---
--> [ *este914* ] <--
Myth. Man. Legend.