This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tomb Raider is a hundred times better than Uncharted. Here's why.

#1FiendingHardPosted 5/6/2013 4:56:36 PM
+Actual platforming
+Better graphics
+Actual exploration
+Actual treasure hunting
+Interesting back story
+Better atmosphere
+Creative puzzles
+Character development
+Better set pieces
+Less linear
+Optional objectives and quests
+Boobs
+Comes with a cool comic book
+Leveling up and upgrade system
+Better pacing
+Shootouts are kept to a bare minimum and a small part of the overall experience
+Main protagonist is worth caring about

Uncharted may have been a good game 4 years ago but it was missing a lot of crucial elements for an adventure game that specializes in exploration and treasure hunting. Tomb Raider covers these elements and then some, I truly believe Tomb Raider is the best game of the year so far. (it was MGR before that, and no I haven't played Bioshock Infinite yet)
---
People want things they can fix and I'm permanently broken. -Isaac Clarke
Now Playing: Tomb Raider, New Super Mario Bros U, Final Fantasy 9
#2zerogravity399Posted 5/6/2013 4:57:51 PM
And?
#3PinkPikachuPosted 5/6/2013 4:57:51 PM
they're both bad
---
PSN:Tron_Carter
#4CV24Posted 5/6/2013 4:58:38 PM
k
---
"Anger equals passion equals a good time"
#5seafoamwinterPosted 5/6/2013 4:59:54 PM
I agree. TC made this because the truth is, most people just call Tomb Raider an Uncharted rip-off. Uncharted is basically a Hollywood movie. Tomb Raider felt like a vidya gaem.
---
Nostalgia is awesome
#6CrimsonGear80Posted 5/6/2013 5:03:15 PM
I disagree, but whatever.
---
Glad DmC shipped a million copies and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#7Golden MavenPosted 5/6/2013 5:03:56 PM
CV24 posted...
k

Why bother posting?
#8HydeSpeedPosted 5/6/2013 5:04:06 PM
I disagree, but whatever.

---
But she would do it with style... in Rebellion!!
#9g_lethalPosted 5/6/2013 5:06:33 PM
seafoamwinter posted...
I agree. TC made this because the truth is, most people just call Tomb Raider an Uncharted rip-off. Uncharted is basically a Hollywood movie. Tomb Raider felt like a vidya gaem.

so a game thats automatic, with its auto cover, auto weapon holstering and auto sneaking feels like a video game?

if anything tomb raider feels like a movie, it was just a very good looking shooting gallery, but honestly thats where all these AAA games are headed it seems
---
DmC is a work of art and im not touching tomb raider 2013 again until new game+ is patched in
#10FiendingHard(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 5:11:32 PM
g_lethal posted...
so a game thats automatic, with its auto cover, auto weapon holstering and auto sneaking feels like a video game?

if anything tomb raider feels like a movie, it was just a very good looking shooting gallery, but honestly thats where all these AAA games are headed it seems

Once again, the shootouts are a small part of the overall package. Also, I'd rather take auto cover over auto platforming. At least platforming requires skill.
---
People want things they can fix and I'm permanently broken. -Isaac Clarke
Now Playing: Tomb Raider, New Super Mario Bros U, Final Fantasy 9