This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

THPS series picked the worst time to fall off

#11DefYouthPosted 5/7/2013 6:03:38 AM
Evel138 posted...
Being a skater myself, I'll never forget when THPS first came out. Up until then all skateboarding games were pretty ***** and obviously made by people that didn't know much about it. There was Skate or Die, 720*....I even had some **** game that had an Ocean Pacific clothing license.

THPS was the first skateboarding game that was authentic....from the actual mechanics of the sport to the style, music.....just the overall culture. A demo came with an issue of PlayStation magazine and my buddies and I played just that hanger level for hours....days. Loved that game.

It all started to fall apart around THUG though IMHO. Once they started to buy into the whole "Jackass" thing (never a fan, but I did subscribe to Big Brother) and the gameplay morphed into some 100X combo telephone wire grinding mess, I got turned off. Too ridiculous at that point.

This post pretty much sums it up for me too. But man, those early games sucked alot of hours out of my life. PSN needs the originals, not that "thing" they gave us.
---
"The beautiful ones always smash the picture...always, every time."
#12este914Posted 5/7/2013 6:06:09 AM
aPimp_named_leE posted...
it was a passing fad.

Exactly. Same with Matt Hoffman BMX game
---
--> [ *este914* ] <--
Myth. Man. Legend.
#13LionheartCJPosted 5/7/2013 6:42:22 AM
huyi posted...
LionheartCJ posted...

Does have a few glaring issues like the framerate, no offline 2player and no creation modes. But i still get alot of old school fun out of it

hence my reason why its a abomination, it also feels rushed and empty, most of the moves from the older games were gone too. (revert)

They brought out a patch that lets you use reverts, i thought it was part of the DLC but alas its free
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q - Best piece of videogame music, ever
#14superbuu3Posted 5/7/2013 6:51:45 AM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Nah we need an open world Space Sheriff Gavan game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F5Qdr20KHs

I want this.
---
razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A chilled out forum where basically anything goes. (Members have greater access and no ads).
#15Merc123Posted 5/7/2013 12:11:27 PM
huyi posted...
THPS:HD should be forgotten and never mentioned again, the only reason they released THPS:HD was as a cash cow to bleed the fans out of dlc, i find that as a insult, we wanted a hd collection of the best tony hawks ps2 games and instead we got THPS:HD..

How did they bleed the fans with DLC, they made a single DLC pack for HD, also what made you think they were ever gonna make a game of the best PS2 Tony Hawk games, they were obviously gonna be 1 and 2 from PS1.

IMO though the series hit its peak around THPS4 and THUG. THPS4 took me the longest to beat and had awesome levels and a great soundtrack. THUG was easily my most anticipated and i loved all the stuff they put into that game like making tricks and boards, plus having a story mode.

I did really enjoy THUG 2 since at the time i really liked Viva La Bam and Tony Hawk so putting them together was great for me. THAW i really loved the punk themed setting but it was the first on Xbox Live which is what made it great for me.