This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What happened to the Def Jam Vendetta Series???

#1goon56Posted 5/7/2013 8:47:25 AM
i use to have Def Jam Vendetta and fight for NY on the ps2 but i sold it when i got my ps3 because it doesnt even have BC, whitch that sucks. i was hoping they will make another game thats similar to those games on this gen but i cant find any. i hope then make another one soon.
#2angry_cowtipperPosted 5/7/2013 8:50:40 AM
Hip hop is out, dubstep is in.
---
Don't Starve (PC), Okami HD (PS3), Gears Judgement (360), Dungeon Defenders (AND), ACIII: Liberation (VITA)
#3ChaoticKnucklesPosted 5/7/2013 8:52:34 AM
Def Jam Icon happened. Look it up, it kinda sucks. That game killed the series, they stopped making them after that. This was many years ago so I doubt that they will try to make another one. I also has Vendetta and Fight for NY and I enjoyed them but neither game sold terribly well and after the reception that Icon got from critics and gamers I think they just decided to call it quits.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#4SigmaHacielPosted 5/7/2013 8:53:59 AM
What happened to gaming in general?

The industry went full-blown dudebro moron and wants 80 billion sales for every game.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#5deathsaber79Posted 5/7/2013 10:04:08 AM
I bought the first game ONLY because it was developed by Aki, makers of the N64 WWF and WCW games and used the same engine- Def Jam music itself makes me want to barf, but I played because it was the newest wrestling game by Aki.

Later entries they made it a more straight up fighting game- no thank you.
#6goon56(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 12:16:30 PM
but actily the def jam series was one of my fav fighting game series at that time and i kinda miss it. i played icon and i thought i was playing a whole different game. that game sucked. but i really want them to make another vendetta and FFNY. i miss the Blazing moves and the real street fighting Feel
#7akuma634Posted 5/7/2013 12:39:27 PM
What happened to gaming in general?

The industry went full-blown dudebro moron and wants 80 billion sales for every game.

Keep telling yourself that. Gaming has been freaking awesome this gen. You can dismiss games you don't like but that doesn't mean the entire industry is "dudebro." As far as sales go, that's publishers. They only want to fund games that cost 20-50 million dollars because you need to spend money to make money so they only green light projects that sound likely to turn a large profit and ignore anything smaller. That's where crowd funding has come in to fill that void for the cult games.

As for Def Jam, I wished they would have stuck with Vendetta. That felt like the great N64 wrestling games that genre fans still praise to this day. A sequel with more features and creation modes would have been awesome. Fight For NY didn't appeal to me much because as a fighting game it wasn't very good. The game is just made for cheap tactics, the AI just blocks the whole fights then counters you into an unbreakable combo against a wall that does double damage until you die. It only went downhill from there.