This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Next STAR WARS Games to run on FROSTBITE3, but no games until after March 2014

#1zerooo0Posted 5/7/2013 3:30:08 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/no-new-ea-star-wars-game-until-after-march-2014-6408055

DICE, come on, you can make a great shooter. Or Bioware, make an awesome RPG.
---
Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.-General George S. Patton
#2harcoreblazerPosted 5/7/2013 3:36:23 PM
inb4 Battlefront 3.
---
Starting a flame war is easy, the hard part is ending it.
Official funyarinpa of the 999 boards.
#3zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 3:44:09 PM
harcoreblazer posted...
inb4 Battlefront 3.

Battlefront 3 deserves to be made/finished. DICE could easily add 10X awesomesauce to it. Especially how poor Battlefront 3 was treated with Lucas Arts and it's developer.(Pandemic was it?) Both are to blame for the cancellation which gives DICE reason to bring it to us.
---
Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.-General George S. Patton
#4True_FoeHammerPosted 5/7/2013 4:59:52 PM
zerooo0 posted...
harcoreblazer posted...
inb4 Battlefront 3.

Battlefront 3 deserves to be made/finished. DICE could easily add 10X awesomesauce to it. Especially how poor Battlefront 3 was treated with Lucas Arts and it's developer.(Pandemic was it?) Both are to blame for the cancellation which gives DICE reason to bring it to us.

Pandemic had nothing to do with Battlefront 3, or those terrible portable games. They only developed 1 and 2.
#5zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 7:17:57 PM
True_FoeHammer posted...
zerooo0 posted...
harcoreblazer posted...
inb4 Battlefront 3.

Free Radical had nothing to do with Battlefront 3, or those terrible portable games. They only developed 1 and 2.

They where also developing Battlefront 3. Which got cancelled because of poor management at Lucas Arts, their failure of Haze affecting Battlefront 3 engine performance on the 360, and their failure to meet Lucas Arts milestones which Lucas Arts set way too high.

Blame is enough to go around for everyone.

My bad I thought it was Pandemic, but it was Free Radical.
---
#6KenauePosted 5/7/2013 7:22:05 PM
The dev teams at EA have the ability to make fantastic Star Wars games....unfortunately, EA has been moving closer and closer to ****ier and ****ier, consumer-raping business models.....Single player Star Wars RPG? Bet it'll require an online pass that acts as a barrier that blocks 2/3 of the game.....And it'll probably be short as hell because EA will want these things out as fast as humanly possible.
---
Most Excited For: SMT IV (3DS), ToX (CE, PS3), Pikmin 3 (Wii U), Fuse (PS3), Pokemon Y (3DS), Dragon's Crown (Vita).
PSN: Lord_CBH / Nintendo Network: LordCBH
#7Red_JesterPosted 5/7/2013 7:43:50 PM
I'm sure DICE is thrilled about being forced to make a Star Wars game instead of being allowed to make their own new IP or even Mirror's Edge 2. Maybe they'd just let the modding community make a Star Wars game out of Battlefield 4, but nope, EA doesn't want competition with their overpriced DLC, so no mod tools for anyone.

Enjoy the always online DRM in 2014.
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.
#8Dragoon of FirePosted 5/11/2013 2:08:50 AM
Red_Jester posted...
I'm sure DICE is thrilled about being forced to make a Star Wars game instead of being allowed to make their own new IP or even Mirror's Edge 2. Maybe they'd just let the modding community make a Star Wars game out of Battlefield 4, but nope, EA doesn't want competition with their overpriced DLC, so no mod tools for anyone.

Enjoy the always online DRM in 2014.

Well said!
#9GunzleaderPosted 5/11/2013 10:31:47 AM
no ps 3 version equals no buy.
---
you are not "official" anything of any board get a life. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#10NewbiusPosted 5/11/2013 10:43:44 AM
I don't care. As long as EA owns the license, the games will be crap no matter what.