This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Oh FFS, stupid Sony

#41riddlebox89Posted 5/8/2013 11:54:47 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
I do love how defensive you fanboys get. This is legit complaint about the ps3 and hopefully something that will be fixed with the ps4. Denying that the 360 does downloads and installs better is just as stupid as denying that the ps3's hardware is more reliable and is also a blu ray player.

I do find you guys laughably sad in your delusions however.

Except this is not a legit PS3 complaint because this is not a problem with the PS3 itself, it's a problem with the game, which means it's a problem with the publisher, you know, the guys who decide whether or not to put their game up on the PSN store?

And for the record, you are lying, the 360 doesn't handle downloads like that, yeah you can download a game, patch it then delete it then redownload and not have to reinstall the patch, but do you even know why that is? It's because the patch data is stored differently than where the actual game is.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#42ironbruPosted 5/8/2013 4:30:26 PM(edited)
And for the record, you are lying, the 360 doesn't handle downloads like that, yeah you can download a game, patch it then delete it then redownload and not have to reinstall the patch, but do you even know why that is? It's because the patch data is stored differently than where the actual game is.

Actually the 360 handles patches in 2 ways:

Older games (pre 2010 I think) had the patches for the games stored in the system cache, however you could only store a limited amount of them which was about 12 - 15 I think. Once you reached the limit if you tried to download a patch it would replace the oldest patch you've downloaded with the one your trying to download.

Newer games (2010 onward's I think) have there patches saved in the same place DLC, save files and install files for the game are.
---
Current Playing: Front Mission 4 (I finally imported a USA PS2), Forza Motorsport, Wipeout Series and main Pokemon Series.