This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

questions about PS+

#1DBN_StealthPosted 5/8/2013 2:51:52 PM
Ok so i never gave it much thought but im looking into getting it. I just have a few questions.

When i buy a game with a ps+ discount do i keep the game even if i let my subscription expire?
If i get a free game from playstation plus do they disappear from my system when i let it expire? do i have to keep a subscription active?
what are some of the best perks to having a PS+ account?
#2JurassicBondPosted 5/8/2013 2:59:17 PM(edited)
When i buy a game with a ps+ discount do i keep the game even if i let my subscription expire?

Yes

If i get a free game from playstation plus do they disappear from my system when i let it expire? do i have to keep a subscription active?

They're only available as long as you're a member. However if your membership expires and you come back later, they will still be available.

Free games
Extra discounts
Cloud saving.
---
Reading: Feet of Clay - Terry Pratchett
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg
#3DBN_Stealth(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 3:00:00 PM
cloud saving does sound pretty awesome, I have an 80 gig and it blows haha
#4RyuuHou25Posted 5/8/2013 3:00:34 PM
DBN_Stealth posted...
Ok so i never gave it much thought but im looking into getting it. I just have a few questions.

Yes

No, but they won't work anymore. If your sub runs out, you'll have to reactivate it and then do a quick download/cancel to have them update that your sub is active again (you do not have to re-download them)

Cloud saving which is the only way to ensure your saves can be transferred and kept if your PS3 ever dies on you, discounts on the store which can get crazy ridiculous (for example, DMC HD collection was on sale last week, 14.95 I believe....considering it's still generally 40 dollars in stores for physical, yeah....when they have big sales, you can potentially save a lot of money if it's things you were contemplating getting at some point)

And of course the "free" stuff you get, including the games, themes, avatars, one hour trials, betas, and sometimes game releases ahead of the general PSN population, the most recent I recall being Jet Set Radio, we got it a week early.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#5BurgerTime79Posted 5/8/2013 3:01:55 PM
DBN_Stealth posted...

Why is this such a common question? You paid for something, during a sale.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#6DBN_Stealth(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 3:03:12 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
DBN_Stealth posted...

Why is this such a common question? You paid for something, during a sale.

yeah thats true, guess i was wondering more about the free games