This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Questions about the Bioshock series (Spoilers for Spider-man 2)

#1AzurexNightmarePosted 5/8/2013 11:07:51 PM
(Potential spoilers for Bioshock 1, Bioshock Infinite, Tobey Maguire Spider-man 2, and Bioshock 2)

1. Why is it BioSHOCK? Why not Bio...Bioburn, Biowet, Biopunch, eh I guess they all sound stupid and its like a homage to System Shock?

2. How would you feel if the "B Team" who made Bioshock 2 made a game expanding Bioshock Infinite's word? While Ken (or is it Kevin) Levine works on Bioshock Endless for PS4.

(Wall of text incoming)

I am just wondering if they will let the team who made bio2 make an infinite 2
because bio2, despite not being "necessary", wasn't a direct sequel to 1. It had a different character, took place in a different time, and didn't mess with the events from the first one.

If they do something like that again it'll be cool. They could even throw in multiplayer.
Games like Bioshock 1 and Bio Infinite don't need multiplayer. but if they handle it the Bioshock 2 way, its not even the main team and its more on the fun gameplay side of things rather than amazing immersive story like bio1 (even though bio 2's story was still pretty amazing, it was no Bioshock 1 IMO) and infinite.

The way they handled the online in 2 was great. your online matches serve as the war that happened in rapture before things got messed up. so it made sense.

Bio 1 pioneered the whole setting and story of the game. As did infinite. The main team creates all of that and that is exactly why there should be no online in the first games. online would only distract from the development of more important things
but now that the game engine is already made
they could improve on whats there and add multiplayer without detracting from the core experience

(wall of text end, for now)

3. Pretty sure the next Bioshock will be for PS4 right? Or...will they make a different game entirely? I guess we won't know until the DLC for infinite is out.

4. Boss fight with Songbird in DLC. What do you think? Yay or nay? :D Granted, there is no plausible way that one could defeat Songbird (unless you are Elizabeth) but it would still be nice to fight it and end up "losing" story wise, after you "defeat" it.

5. Do you think the DLC will be prequel to infinite, after, or during? During and before seem likely. Will they add all new weapons?

6. I miss hacking. Possession of a machine for only a limited time sucks. what do you do when it runs out? shoot said machine till it dies? or run?
---
PS3, Vita, 3DS. PSN: xLionhartx
The official Main Character of SMT
#2theatrical_catPosted 5/8/2013 11:09:41 PM(edited)
Didn't read most to avoid spoilers, but for question 1:

Because BioShock was a spiritual successor to System Shock. There you go. I don't really think it sounds stupid, but whatevs.
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#3MyPhantomilePosted 5/9/2013 2:02:15 AM
AzurexNightmare posted...
1. Why is it BioSHOCK? Why not Bio...Bioburn, Biowet, Biopunch, eh I guess they all sound stupid and its like a homage to System Shock?

The games each feature a biological change to the body, a "shock" you could say.
#4AzurexNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 2:46:29 AM
people only answering 1 -_-
---
PS3, Vita, 3DS. PSN: xLionhartx
The official Main Character of SMT
#5deadmarvPosted 5/9/2013 3:45:01 AM
???????????

Where's the Spiderman spoilers you promised?
---
All PS3 owners should boycott Bethesda.
#6MyPhantomilePosted 5/9/2013 3:58:25 AM
AzurexNightmare posted...
people only answering 1 -_-

I'm avoiding Bioshock 2 spoilers. And god forbid someone doesn't answer all your questions...
#7AnonUnknownPosted 5/9/2013 4:03:08 AM
deadmarv posted...
???????????

Where's the Spiderman spoilers you promised?