This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why WRPG fanboys like to exclude Demon's/Dark Souls when they make fun of JRPG?

#111LemonKweenstaaaPosted 5/10/2013 3:39:06 PM
Ameriboo? Was that something you guys came up with to describe anyone who isn't passionate about Japan the same way you are?
---
Official prez of the P4G board
You know a game is for casuals when its sales go up during Golden Week -LuminescentRule
#112PhaseSlaethePosted 5/10/2013 3:40:10 PM
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
Ameriboo? Was that something you guys came up with to describe anyone who isn't passionate about Japan the same way you are?

Weaboo? Was that something you trolls came up with to describe anyone who remotely likes Japan?
#113Godly_GoofPosted 5/10/2013 3:51:17 PM
PhaseSlaethe posted...

Weaboo? Was that something you trolls came up with to describe anyone who remotely likes Japan?

Well technically it has a proper definition: it's supposed to mean "someone not from Japan that's needlessly obsessed with Japan based primarily on Anime/games/manga knowledge. They go so far as to use Japanese words in otherwise all English posts (usually wrong no less) these words being primarily "Kawaii" "Desu" and "Baka". In addition they will always defend litterally ANYTHING that comes from Japan to the point of extremes even if it legitimately has faults. They also view Japan as "the holy land" (especially Akiba)."

It was a term originally created by non-Japan resident Otaku to make fun of the "extreme cases" that would in turn make the fanbase look bad.

Their's more to it but that's the brunt of it. To this day I haven't seen one person actually use it correctly on this site with the exception of on obvious trolls :/.

And for the record since Lemon or Shine will proly comment. No, liking something from Japan doesn't count as obsessing and defending against bias ignorance doesn't count either.
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#114PhaseSlaethePosted 5/10/2013 3:57:13 PM
Godly_Goof posted...
PhaseSlaethe posted...

Well technically it has a proper definition: it's supposed to mean "someone not from Japan that's needlessly obsessed with Japan based primarily on Anime/games/manga knowledge. They go so far as to use Japanese words in otherwise all English posts (usually wrong no less) these words being primarily "Kawaii" "Desu" and "Baka". In addition they will always defend litterally ANYTHING that comes from Japan to the point of extremes even if it legitimately has faults. They also view Japan as "the holy land" (especially Akiba)."

It was a term originally created by non-Japan resident Otaku to make fun of the "extreme cases" that would in turn make the fanbase look bad.

Their's more to it but that's the brunt of it. To this day I haven't seen one person actually use it correctly on this site with the exception of on obvious trolls :/.

And for the record since Lemon or Shine will proly comment. No, liking something from Japan doesn't count as obsessing and defending against bias ignorance doesn't count either.

It isn't a real term.

OTAKU is by every right and definition what you defined.
#115Godly_GoofPosted 5/10/2013 4:01:00 PM
PhaseSlaethe posted...
Godly_Goof posted...
PhaseSlaethe posted...

It isn't a real term.

OTAKU is by every right and definition what you defined.

Well Otaku is pretty much just the Japanese term for "Nerd" just centering more on Anime as opposed to cartoons, Manga as opposed to Comic Books, gaming is relatively unchanged. Weeaboo is the term that you would use to describe anyone that takes it to an extreme. I'd compare it to the nerd equivalent but I guess their really isn't one ... Or at least not that I know of ...
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#116LemonKweenstaaaPosted 5/10/2013 4:07:54 PM
No, a weeaboo is a person of non Japanese descent who is completely obsessed with Japanese culture to the point of denouncing their own.
---
Official prez of the P4G board
You know a game is for casuals when its sales go up during Golden Week -LuminescentRule
#117Devilman_AmonPosted 5/10/2013 5:48:04 PM
No, a weeaboo is a person of non Japanese descent who is completely obsessed with Japanese culture to the point of denouncing their own.

In other words, you
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)