This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have a few questions about buying a PS3.

#1Mercenary12451Posted 5/9/2013 11:14:36 AM
Main question is do I have to have a HDTV to play them on or would a regular TV work ? I don't care much for having the best graphics part I just want a PS3 first then later on get a HDTV. My TV is a old 19 inch Emerson TV with VCR built in. Here is what it looks like though not the same one.

http://www.amazon.com/Emerson-Television-Cassette-Recorder-Tracking/dp/B007W4LCHC

Would it work or should I try to get a HDTV first? Also as for the PS3 which model should I get? I already have a PS2 I use for PS2 and PS1 games. I also don't have internet at my home so I won't be using it for online games though I would like to in the future. As for the PSN I don't plan on really using it much anyway since I never did with my PSP when I had internet. I prefer a new PS3 and not used as well.
---
They call mercenary's like us dogs of war.
#2CaptainzPlanetzPosted 5/9/2013 11:30:26 AM
Mercenary12451 posted...
Main question is do I have to have a HDTV to play them on or would a regular TV work ? I don't care much for having the best graphics part I just want a PS3 first then later on get a HDTV. My TV is a old 19 inch Emerson TV with VCR built in. Here is what it looks like though not the same one.

http://www.amazon.com/Emerson-Television-Cassette-Recorder-Tracking/dp/B007W4LCHC

Would it work or should I try to get a HDTV first? Also as for the PS3 which model should I get? I already have a PS2 I use for PS2 and PS1 games. I also don't have internet at my home so I won't be using it for online games though I would like to in the future. As for the PSN I don't plan on really using it much anyway since I never did with my PSP when I had internet. I prefer a new PS3 and not used as well.

Nope you don't need an HDTV, PS3 comes with the same exact cord you use to connect your PS2 to the tv
#3este914Posted 5/9/2013 11:32:40 AM
Damn dude... Sorry about having that TV =\
---
--> [ *este914* ] <--
Myth. Man. Legend.
#4seraphicdreamPosted 5/9/2013 12:47:04 PM
well... you could try playing on that tv but...
you'll just end up wanting an hd tv
#5Mercenary12451(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 1:26:13 PM
Yeah I probably will go to HDTV anyway since my right speaker is busted in mine. My dad did have a HDTV but lighting storm blew it so after that I am reduced to my old one. I just was kinda wanting to save the $200 it would cost to buy one.
---
They call mercenary's like us dogs of war.
#6BeknessPosted 5/9/2013 1:30:56 PM
If you're not going on the net and PSN you can probably get by with a smaller hard drive
---
<3BennyBear
#7cirkmetroidPosted 5/9/2013 1:37:24 PM
I understand that you don't care about HDTV...but many PS3 games do NOT play very well on SDTV's, due to the lower resolution wrecking complete havoc with the user interface, or text in the game.

Blah blah blah games for decades ran in SDTV, and even had text dialogue and did just fine. Yeah, I know what you're saying, but trust me....there are many games that will just be really annoying for you to play.

Since your tv is on the smaller side anyway, I'd recommend looking into using your computer monitor to play PS3 games instead. Assuming you have an LCD style computer monitor made in the last oh, I dunno, 5 or 6 years, the chances are very good that your PS3 will be able to connect to it perfectly fine.

(You can use your computer speakers for audio if you like, but just keep in mind you won't be plugging the PS3 audio connections into the computer, but to the speakers through whatever means they connect)

I first used a 24 inch computer monitor with my PS3 for about 2 years, before I finally got around to buying a HDTV. FYI the lower end models are REAAAAAAAAALY cheap now. It's not even funny. They'll suck compared to the expensive sets, but hey.....if you're a bang for the buck guy, with televisions low end is definitely where it is at right now.
---
PSN: Cirkustanz
Sprites rule.