This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody else not even close to ready for another gaming generation?

#1Saving_ThrowPosted 5/9/2013 8:22:15 PM
I have such a huge backlog on every system I own (PS3, 3DS, 360) that even THINKING about a new system at this point hurts my head and my wallet. I think this generation could last another 10 years, easily!!!

But, I'm only one man >_<
---
The man who sold the world? I'm not sure why David Bowie kept sayin' that ****, but I didn't sell anything.
#2Jx1010Posted 5/9/2013 8:26:34 PM
Not ready either

Still got resident evil games and a bunch more
#3StephieGamerPosted 5/9/2013 8:28:39 PM
I could wait another two years. I still have lots of PS3 and Wii games to play and finish, so I'm waiting a long time before I buy a PS4.
---
My name's Reggie. I'm about kickin' ass. I'm about takin' names. And we're about makin' games.
#4AcquirePosted 5/9/2013 8:29:35 PM
Been ready for about a year now. It's about time new machines came in. The hardware in the PS3/360 was starting to get sad.
---
And if you hear as the warm night falls. The silver sound from a time so strange. Sing to me, sing to me.
#5Ninkyo893Posted 5/9/2013 8:31:51 PM
I've never been the type that buys a new system on day one. I'll wait several months, maybe even a year. By then, the prices will adjust, the hardware will usually have any issues taken care of and there will most likely be a slimmed down, more efficient version of the console released. I'll be happy with my PS3 until then.
---
"Once upon a time in the West, there were men like this. They were not noble; they were not heroic. They simply were."
PSN: Ninkyodo893
#6SgtBass8705Posted 5/9/2013 8:32:21 PM
I'm this way every gen. I only jumped in near launch with the PS2. All the other gens I've waited around 2 years.
---
PSN: JoshD8705 - One of my covers:
http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/ba9651e68
#7Video_Game_CzarPosted 5/9/2013 8:36:06 PM
I'm not even going to bother watching E3 this year [First time since they started broadcasting them on tv] because I don't care to see anything about the new XBox or Playstation.

With games like Dragons Crown, The Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls, The Killer Is Dead, GTAV, Dark Souls 2, Saints Row IV, Puppeteer, Batman Arkham Origins as well as a few others...Hell, Because I'm not getting a new system I can to afford all the games I listed and few more.

Yeah, TC. I'm with ya.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#8NulshPosted 5/9/2013 8:47:20 PM
i can agree im not ready for new consoles to be released, I got so many games tht I wanna play on my ps3 b4 I buy a next gen console
---
Nulsh
#9Devilman_AmonPosted 5/9/2013 8:51:42 PM
Nobody here has even finished playing all the SNES/Super Famicom generation.

I'm still discovering unknown games from that gen...
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#10SS_MetalSonicPosted 5/9/2013 8:54:15 PM(edited)
More systems less games is my motto for nextgen. i have about 70 or more games backlogged across multiple platforms . 90 - 100 if i count handhelds and tablets.

I am going to get Wii U in july and the other two at launch. I will have all three systems but i will keep my game count to 10 -15 games per console. Gonna get two games with each console at launch and the rest of the games at big discount prices.

I will also be playing my current games after next gen arrives.
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Sleeping Dogs, Black ops 2, Farcry 3
Forza 4, Rage, InFamous 2, Darksiders 2, Vanquish, NBA2K13, Halo 4, Skyrim, Tomb Raider