This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Finishing off a boss with a QTE

#1warrenmatsPosted 5/9/2013 8:59:04 PM
Do you like QTE finishers? - Results (289 votes)
Yes, they look cool
28.72% (83 votes)
No, if their life bar empties I just want them to drop dead
15.22% (44 votes)
Sure, but only if they have checkpoints before it, I don't want the boss to regenerate life just because I messed up
21.45% (62 votes)
No, QTE are all bad no matter what and developers should stop putting them in games.
30.1% (87 votes)
other
4.5% (13 votes)
This poll is now closed.
MGR:R's Quick time finishers are awesome (even though they actually end with a zantatsu....but you still have to qte and do button mash prompts)

CV: Lord's of Shadow QTE's were bad. Mess up, they regain 1/3 of their life. Sometimes 50%.
---
:D
#2Hunter1534Posted 5/9/2013 9:05:08 PM
Fear the unseen much, jack?
---
Proud DMC fan
#3PStrifePosted 5/9/2013 9:52:30 PM
It is most unsatifying, especially when games finish on generic QTE moments. QTE endings are cliche now, developers keep taking the lazy route these days.
#4ReyMilansteryoPosted 5/9/2013 10:01:59 PM
PStrife posted...
It is most unsatifying, especially when games finish on generic QTE moments. QTE endings are cliche now, developers keep taking the lazy route these days.

I swear to god that the word "generic" is the most used word around here now
---
PSN: DGray_Squally
Now playing: Uncharted 3, InFamous 2, Borderlands 2
#5ShineboxerPosted 5/9/2013 10:02:09 PM
That generic finishing move or stabbing/shooting/hitting the creature while mounted atop them.

I'd imagine I would continue stabbing said creature until I was sure it was dead.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#6RayconPosted 5/9/2013 10:02:47 PM
ReyMilansteryo posted...
PStrife posted...

I swear to god that the word "generic" is the most used word around here now

One might even say... the most "generic" of insults.

*rimshot*
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#7NintendologicalPosted 5/9/2013 10:05:55 PM
Honestly it would be better if any dramatic cinematic finish were simply left to a full on cut scene rather than some interactive cinematic that is supposed to seem cool. What really sucks about them is that if you mess up on the sequence you have to start all over. In the words of Sweet Brown, "ain't nobody got time for that!"
---
"Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia
#8EspicaGFPosted 5/9/2013 10:19:28 PM
In my case I can't enjoy the "event/scene" because I'm waiting for the promps.
Tunnel vision???
#9AnthonM2Posted 5/9/2013 11:37:32 PM
Devs can use QTEs as much as they want but use cheackpoints, the best QTEs are in Ninja Blade.
#10FellDudePosted 5/9/2013 11:49:27 PM
AnthonM2 posted...
Devs can use QTEs as much as they want but use cheackpoints, the best QTEs are in Ninja Blade.

Oh please no. I don't need another RE6, they went nuts with the mandatory QTEs in that game to the point where they took away from the experience.

Heck, Capcom even added a mode/option that got rid of them as a number of other people apparently didn't like the mandatory QTEs either.

I don't mind optional QTEs but mandatory ones should go into gaming's wastebasket.
---
Of all the game consoles ever made, the Xbox 360 is the one closest to perfecting the hundred percent failure rate. - Former Owner of 3 of Microsoft Xbox 360's.