This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Vanille from FFXIII count as a loli?

#151MyWifeBeatsMe(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 6:55:27 AM
KOTRwhoops posted...
I tell you what she definitely is.

IMO the most attractive video game character in history.

Are you attracted to any loli in the NIS games too?
#152Godly_GoofPosted 5/11/2013 7:25:53 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Fiery101 posted...
IMNOTRAGED posted...
They don't need to be having graphic sex to be sexualized.

Why does it matter if they are sexualized?

They're not real people.

I'm not comfortable with the idea of sexualizing children in any context, even in fiction. That shouldn't be so strange, I'm assuming the majority of people share that opinion.

I know that I can avoid it, and I do. If you're some weirdo pedophile deviant and you like that type of thing, well fine, good for you. I'd just it rather stay on the fringe than become something mainstream, which it probably never will be.

A lot of what is called "loli" though is not even closed to sexualized. Disgaea is a good example of this with Raspberyl.

This all falls back to how it's used. Despite Killing's pig headed ignorance the word can be used in Japanese to describe a "young looking" characters.

Eg. would be Rasberyl for one she's not sexualized but she looks way younger than her age would dictate (even in demon years for what it's worth), it's used in Negima to describe Evangeline's child form as well as at the end of the series to describe the "shota-princes" (and it says right in the book) they use the term because they "looked way younger than they were".

Another example is from Fire Emblem: Awakening when (in the Jap version) Nah refers to Nowi's husband as a "lolicon" because of how Nowi looks and acts.

Another would be in MM! with the mechanic girl, although she was roughly the same age as the male characters she was CONSTANTLY referred to as "loli" because of her body type made further evident by the one character with the "lolita complex" obsessing over her because of it and when she used her "nice body" potion to get a "bustier" body he lost all interest in her despite her still being the same age.

In Ten Ten the girl martial artist that can transform to have the appearance of a little girl again when little has this term used for her, she is still the same age as when she's big but only used when shes little.

In Excel Saga the creep scientist is constantly obsessing over a little girl (thinking shes actually a child) only to find out as the series progresses that shes actually well over her 20's and when confronted with this he says "He's not into "lolis" he only likes little girls"

Lastly, Zakuro from Dokuro-Chan has NEVER been considered a "loli". Ever, by anyone.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQV9Ikt6_0WRBUN6vUlpC_scxol2VMxnzTTGeL-PAZAGEm1D6fo

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/066/2/4/Zakuro__s_Corralary_by_Aosou_kun.jpg

Despite the fact her character age is 9 (yes really) she's considered a "trap" character but not a "loli" character.

And I'm sure I could find more if i tried this is just off the top of my head :/

And all of this going by the original Japanese contexts not the BS English "definition". Maybe someday he'll realize that a word can have different meanings and contexts depending on how it's used but I'm not holding my breath
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#153SigmaHacielPosted 5/11/2013 8:35:16 AM
majin nemesis posted...
Shineboxer posted...
So why are people interpreting these loli characters as sex objects?

What other function does loli serve?, don't pull that crap here.

so the only reason to have kids in a game is to be used as sex objects? am i the only one who's starting to worry about Shineboxer?

Which is why people are being stupid with the term.

Not only do they insist it means something it doesn't, but they automatically sexual-ize it.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#154RPG maniac87Posted 5/11/2013 8:49:29 AM
kenff6 posted...
It's seriously gross that perverts here think it's ok to oggle some video game character that looks like a little kid.

I don't care if these characters are 1000000-year-old gods or whatever - if they look like kids in Kindergarten then they're clearly meant to be perceived as children.

Is there any point in arguing with someone like this? He can claim he's human or whatever, but he's clearly meant to be perceived as a rooster.
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)
#155ShineboxerPosted 5/11/2013 8:53:43 AM(edited)
This is completely ridiculous, this like a girl taking a taking inappropriate lewd photo and calling everyone else a pervert for commenting.

"It's not loli!!!!!"

*Clearly shows adolescents in skimpy attire for no good reason other than lewd entertainment.*
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#156TheHateIsStrongPosted 5/11/2013 9:00:39 AM
She doesn't look 19:

*fees information into GameFAQs logic processor*

OK, the printout is as follows:

Using GameFAQs logic v2.35

Vanille sounds like a kid
Vanille doesn't look her age
The video game in question, is Japanese in origin

Verdict:

Vanille fans are now pedophiles by their own admission
---
An Opinion.
Not a name. Not a face. Not a friend
#157RPG maniac87Posted 5/11/2013 9:00:47 AM
Shineboxer posted...
This is completely ridiculous, this like a girl taking a taking inappropriate lewd photo and calling everyone else a pervert for commenting.

"It's not loli!!!!!"

*Clearly shows adolescents in skimpy attire for no good reason other than lewd entertainment.*

Expand your horizons. There's more to you than waking people up and becoming food.
There's more to those characters as well.
---
#158ShineboxerPosted 5/11/2013 9:03:03 AM
Shineboxer posted...

"It's not loli!!!!!"

Expand your horizons. There's more to you than waking people up and becoming food.
There's more to those characters as well.

My horizons never see sunset bro, come back with a better argument other than butthurt ad hominem.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#159RPG maniac87Posted 5/11/2013 9:06:12 AM
Is it trying to speak?
---
#160ShineboxerPosted 5/11/2013 9:08:57 AM
Is it trying to speak?

[X] Told
[ ] Not Told
---