This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dead Island Riptide garbage and dissapointing? Opinions? (spoilers)

#1inuyasha8106Posted 5/10/2013 10:15:48 PM
So I just beat DIR, and the last boss..you made her 2 feet taller, and gave her a chainsaw and then gave her a zombie voice track one of the many in the game had? This just seems incredibly pathetic...anyone else feel this way? Did anyone enjoy it? I felt the 1st was way better and much more enjoyable, and I beat it in 13 hrs doing everything..so this one seems mad shorter :/ Don't mean to be annoying, but I'm really disappointed in what this one turned out to be :/ Interested in seeing peoples opinions :)
---
PSN: Xeno8106
#2inuyasha8106(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 12:10:08 AM
either no one bought or cares about the game..orrrr lol

BUMP :3
---
PSN: Xeno8106
#3BeknessPosted 5/11/2013 12:11:04 AM
Haven't played it/bought it. seems to be the general consensus. Mind you no one seems to like any games round here. <_<
---
<3BennyBear
#4Devilman_AmonPosted 5/11/2013 12:15:22 AM
inuyasha8106 posted...
either no one bought or cares about the game..orrrr lol

Probably both
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#5kel25Posted 5/11/2013 12:15:34 AM
You would have better luck discussing the game in the forums for it.

It was pretty much what I expected going in and I enjoyed the game a lot. Overall I liked the game slightly less than the original because I thought the flooded areas were annoying to get around and the fortress defense missions carried on for far too long.

I liked that the main characters were used in the defense missions and you could upgrade them and the shops by finding various items.

I thought it was a great game but it could have been better.
#6BruceWayneJrPosted 5/11/2013 12:20:06 AM
Very fun, enjoyed it as much as the first one.

Not garbage or disappointing, sorry.
#7shatteredwallPosted 5/11/2013 12:20:59 AM
I enjoyed the game, except the lame ending that of course left it open for another.

My friend and I did co-op for the entire game and it took us 25 hours to to do nearly every single thing and find every single blueprint.

I'm glad they kept the gameplay the same from the first, but they did a decent job with the talent trees and the new character was a blast. Aside from a few bugs I give the game a solid 8 out of 10.
#8NorkenPosted 5/11/2013 12:22:22 AM
BruceWayneJr posted...
Very fun, enjoyed it as much as the first one.

Not garbage or disappointing, sorry.

I agree with the above except for one thing. The ending and last boss was a disappointment. Everything else was fine. It is a great game to co-op on.
A good challenging game to play on your own.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
Romans 14:8
#9MetroidHunter13Posted 5/11/2013 5:58:55 AM
i liked it, i got the game for free, so no worries.

i felt like it was much easier. it took me well over 40 hours to do everything, because i had lots of running around to do. and then had a checklist to comb over for quests and collectibles.

it did feel a little shorter than the first, and quite a bit easier, i cant count how many times i died in the first, the second one, not so much.

it was still a lot of fun
---
Dreamcast Collection - 31/247
PSN - Disp0sable_13
#10JohnHitman47Posted 5/11/2013 6:06:47 AM
Love the game, hate the broken co op.
---
Love good shooters and horror.