This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else find it strange that some of Sony's Biggest games...

#21dj___rollPosted 5/11/2013 7:18:44 AM
Quote:Few would download scores of GBs when they can get the superior physical version instead.
@DarkSymbiote

They play exactly the same. There is no "superior" version.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#22DarkSymbiotePosted 5/11/2013 7:26:32 AM
Quote:Few would download scores of GBs when they can get the superior physical version instead.
@DarkSymbiote

I mean longer lasting, more value, etc.
---
You know, whenever a poster uses the terms "b**** and whine" or "piss and moan" or something similar, I simply ignore the entire post.
#23methosagain(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 8:37:04 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
@DarkSymbiote

Actually the digital versions technically would be the longer lasting, Disc will eventually degrade and come apart, while in theory digital copies could always be there in some form
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#24majin nemesisPosted 5/11/2013 8:43:06 AM
methosagain posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
@DarkSymbiote

Actually the digital versions technically would be the longer lasting, Disc will eventually degrade and come apart, while in theory digital copies could always be there in some form

don't the hard drives also degrade?
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#25methosagain(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 9:06:26 AM
majin nemesis posted...
methosagain posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
@DarkSymbiote

don't the hard drives also degrade?

Yes, but in theory one could always just re-download the material, back it up, etc, once a disc has degraded that data is just gone
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#26ShineboxerPosted 5/11/2013 9:14:33 AM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
You don't mind downloading over 30gigs of data + all the patches for GT5?

I could see that happening for PS4 though since developers are so set on making everything digital these days....

I probably own thousands of dollars of digital content, and I'm sure I would be too upset if it all just dissappeared tomorrow.

Having physical copies isn't much different considering you could just loose it all in a fire/flood/burglary.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD