This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What kind of JRPG do you prefer?

#101JusticeSwordPosted 5/13/2013 3:15:27 PM
Oh well so long console jrpgs, hello the era of sparce few worthwhile japanese console rpgs at all.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#102KabtheMentatPosted 5/13/2013 3:16:49 PM
Oh well so long console jrpgs, hello the era of sparce few worthwhile japanese console rpgs at all.

You act like that hasn't been the case already for several years.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Hey whassup, it's ya boy Cowboy, AKA Too Young...to be havin' diabetes.
#103Shadow2790xPosted 5/13/2013 3:41:35 PM
Western rpgs are all brown and colorless
with poor stories, poor graphics and have u seen the way they move? lol

Sad attempt at trolling. Let this be a lesson to all of you other trolls.
---
...You will be screaming: YES! YES! YES!
PSN: Shadow2790x
#104SockNightPosted 5/13/2013 3:43:32 PM
JRPG's are just funnier even if you think the story is lame, overall JRPG's are just more fun to play.
#105AlltraPosted 5/13/2013 3:52:35 PM(edited)
Traditional Turn Based, like Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy 1-9, Dragon Fantasy Book 1, Breath of Fire 1-4, Wild Arms 3, ect...

I also tend to like "Action Adventure" style RPGs like Nier, Kingdom Hearts, Dark Souls, Ys, ect...

Aesthetically and thematically, I tend to prefer a more realistic, darker, and seriously toned RPG. I don't care much for the cartoony, anime inspired aesthetics and themes of many JRPGs.

Ideally I want an RPG that mixes the traditional game play styles of JRPGs, with the themes and aesthetics of a WRPG.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#106PhaseSlaethePosted 5/13/2013 3:51:06 PM
Alltra posted...
Traditional Turn Based, like Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy 1-9, Dragon Fantasy Book 1, Breath of Fire 1-4, Wild Arms 3, ect...

I also tend to like "Action Adventure" style RPGs like Nier, Kingdom Hearts, Dark Souls, Ys, ect...

So pretty much any style RPG.
#107KabtheMentatPosted 5/13/2013 4:14:36 PM
JRPG's are just funnier even if you think the story is lame, overall JRPG's are just more fun to play.

Uh, I'd put Fallout New Vegas' Old World Blues up against any "funny" JRPG.
---
#108AlltraPosted 5/13/2013 4:15:19 PM
You have to be into juvenile humor to like what JRPGs bring to the table most of the time.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#109KabtheMentatPosted 5/13/2013 4:17:13 PM
You have to be into juvenile humor to like what JRPGs bring to the table most of the time.

Juvenile humor is fine. But Japanese..."humor" I guess...isn't. I don't find it funny at all.
---