This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one who stopped playing the yakuza series because....

#1Combo MasterPosted 5/12/2013 12:12:22 AM(edited)
The sequels didn't get dubbed? I really liked the first game and actually bought yakuza 2 used for $25 years ago and never played through it because of it not having a dub. I mean are they not the only NA games that are Japanese audio with subtitles?
---
Combo Master
#2Brocken_JrPosted 5/12/2013 12:14:45 AM
i see what you mean, i didnt play part 2 cause they got rid of the english, but then i played 3, then 4, then of the end, then 5, but never went back to part 2. i hate how only 1 game was english, but after a while of hearing everyone not in english, i didnt mind that much. its not like the voice acting is bad at all, i say give it another chance, cause the stories are really good.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPiQSvSoSpM
#3Awesomest_PrimePosted 5/12/2013 12:19:50 AM
A better phrased question would be: "Who else stopped playing the Yakuza series because the sequels didn't get dubbed?" Because it's highly improbable that you're ever the only one and the question invites ridicule.

I don't see the point of not playing a game because it doesn't have a dub, unless you're not capable of or prevented from reading subtitles. Not being able to read fast enough to keep up is a possible explanation.

And no, they are not the only NA games that are Japanese audio with subtitles.
---
It's so sunny today.
#4Combo Master(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 12:42:27 AM
What are the other games than please?
---
Combo Master
#5pb409Posted 5/12/2013 2:10:04 AM
Yakuza 2 is my favorite game in the series. Then there's 3, 4, Dead Souls (spin off and non canon), Japan only Kenzan and 5 for now.
#6Muv-LuvPosted 5/12/2013 2:25:08 AM
Why the **** would you want to hear Japanese people speak English?
#7Combo Master(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 2:32:22 AM
Muv-Luv posted...
Why the **** would you want to hear Japanese people speak English?

The voice acting for the first game was really good. I don't watch anime with subs and it was and still is a big deal that they didn't do English audio for the sequels to me. However I'm gonna play the games anyways now. What other NA games have only Japanese audio though?
---
Combo Master
#8Devilman_AmonPosted 5/12/2013 2:43:46 AM
I wish the PSP Yakuza Black Panther games were localized....

Also TC, Fist of the North Star 2, Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires, Warriors Orochi 2, Agarest War have Japanese dialogue - English subtitles....
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#9carsaucePosted 5/12/2013 2:44:48 AM
The sequels didn't get dubbed? I really liked the first game and actually bought yakuza 2 used for $25 years ago and never played through it because of it not having a dub. I mean are they not the only NA games that are Japanese audio with subtitles?

We didnt need this dubbed, when the first game came out we were just given that English dubbed version, but the Japanese voices are just better.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#10shaka de virgemPosted 5/12/2013 2:59:37 AM
I wished the sequels got dubbed just to hear Mark Hamill again.
---
3DS friend code: 2707-2406-9689