This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one who stopped playing the yakuza series because....

#21kupo1705Posted 5/12/2013 7:50:15 AM
I don't want to hear Japanese people in Japan speak English.
Besides, the voice is acting is really good.
#22Mass_CarrierPosted 5/12/2013 9:04:32 AM
If I was TC, I'd barely ever play anything that's not a PG rated game since I'm not a native English speaker.

Also, the dub of Y1 is super awkward to listen to. It's a relief to most every Yakuza fan they stopped dubbing them. Also way cheaper for Sega (even more so since the Y1 dub had people like Mark Hamill and Michael Madsen), making them easier to bring over to the west.
---
Don't just post youtube links. Say what the **** they are.
http://i.imgur.com/WaN8M.png
#23Evil_GogetaPosted 5/12/2013 9:12:38 AM
Sorry TC I have only played the games in Japanese so I cannot answer....
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (Vita) PSO2 and Time Travellers. (PC) Monster Hunter Frontier
#24SigmaHacielPosted 5/12/2013 9:25:56 AM
Mass_Carrier posted...
If I was TC, I'd barely ever play anything that's not a PG rated game since I'm not a native English speaker.

Also, the dub of Y1 is super awkward to listen to. It's a relief to most every Yakuza fan they stopped dubbing them. Also way cheaper for Sega (even more so since the Y1 dub had people like Mark Hamill and Michael Madsen), making them easier to bring over to the west.

Kazzy-chan~!
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#25Red_JesterPosted 5/12/2013 9:27:33 AM
Never played Yakuza, but I wouldn't want them to be in English either. Then consider the awful pool of anime voice actors so many Japanese developers consistently pull from.
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.
#26IChangedMyNamePosted 5/12/2013 1:14:37 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Super Robot War GC is getting a fan translation

If they accepted and approved of fan translation I'd be happy as all hell but as of right now you'd need a jail broken PS3 to use such a thing unless you like reading side by side off a script which I can do but would prefer not too as well.

I imported Super Robot Wars O.G. on PS3 because I love the SRPG genre especially the Mecha type.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)