This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D: 10 years from now...

#1EmiliaTheSagePosted 5/12/2013 3:58:32 AM
PC wil have PS3 emulators? - Results (113 votes)
Yes
59.29% (67 votes)
No
40.71% (46 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Every console and handheld gets an emulator 5-10 years later after it was released right?
---
"Women don't stay in the kitchen to make sandwiches."
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 5/12/2013 4:01:39 AM(edited)
The Sega Saturn doesn't even have decent emulators. I doubt they will emulate the PS3 by then.
---
You know, whenever a poster uses the terms "b**** and whine" or "piss and moan" or something similar, I simply ignore the entire post.
#3ScreamingMidgetPosted 5/12/2013 4:06:59 AM
Nope.
#4Brocken_JrPosted 5/12/2013 4:13:24 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
The Sega Saturn doesn't even have decent emulators. I doubt they will emulate the PS3 by then.

i use a pretty good emulator to test games before i buy them. its just called SSF.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPiQSvSoSpM
#5DarkSymbiotePosted 5/12/2013 4:16:29 AM
SSF

I didn't even realise that was finished. And its requirements are unnaturally high for a Saturn emulator.
---
Liquor is powerful. But Soda is solid.
#6awesomesauce13Posted 5/12/2013 4:40:59 AM
Is there even a decent PS2 emulator yet? Last I checked the best they could do was a few games running pretty well, some running badly, the majority not working at all
#7Devilman_AmonPosted 5/12/2013 4:44:49 AM
awesomesauce13 posted...
Is there even a decent PS2 emulator yet? Last I checked the best they could do was a few games running pretty well, some running badly, the majority not working at all

It's a lot of work and you need a decently high performing PC.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#8Dan_Dan_91_07Posted 5/12/2013 5:03:00 AM
awesomesauce13 posted...

The most popular one runs virtually everything - it had an update a while back that really propelled it forward. It's not hard to get working if you've had experience with emulaters before and it shouldn't need that good of a computer for less extensive games (many RPGs fall under this character - like FFX) as long as you turn the settings down and turn on "speed hacks".

I've used it instead of my PS2 for the past year and wouldn't go back - save states, fast forward/slow motion, built in video capture, macros, being able to remap controls and the best thing - being able to increase the resolution if your computer is powerful enough and getting them looking like a "HD Edition" or better.
#9DarkSymbiotePosted 5/12/2013 5:05:26 AM
awesomesauce13 posted...

The most popular one runs virtually everything - it had an update a while back that really propelled it forward. It's not hard to get working if you've had experience with emulaters before and it shouldn't need that good of a computer for less extensive games (many RPGs fall under this character - like FFX) as long as you turn the settings down and turn on "speed hacks".

I've used it instead of my PS2 for the past year and wouldn't go back - save states, fast forward/slow motion, built in video capture, macros, being able to remap controls and the best thing - being able to increase the resolution if your computer is powerful enough and getting them looking like a "HD Edition" or better.

I was watching a friend play God of War on it and the chests had texture problems.
---
You know, whenever a poster uses the terms "b**** and whine" or "piss and moan" or something similar, I simply ignore the entire post.
#10Dan_Dan_91_07Posted 5/12/2013 5:12:11 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
awesomesauce13 posted...

I was watching a friend play God of War on it and the chests had texture problems.

It sounds like he didn't know how to configure it properly. That game has no issues that there isn't a solution for like everything I have played and read about - you can search on their Wiki for whatever game you have in mind and it'll tell you its status and stuff.