This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

data transfer utility stuck... HELP pls

#1bigroc10304Posted 5/13/2013 9:35:46 PM
I got a 500 GB ps3 today, to replace my old one (disc doesn't eject, even when I use the fan trick). It's been going on for almost 3 hours (the transfer from the 120 to the 500) and it's been stuck on 86% w/the remaining time of 30 min. It's been that way for almost an hour.

I don't want to go pulling and wires, or screw it up. IIRC the prompt prior to the start said it deletes the games from the old ps3 after the transfer. I'm a bit nervous now...

If I try to restart it, I'm fearful that I will lose my game saves... I made sure to deactivate the old PS3 and followed the instructions to the letter.

Anyone ever run into this? If so, how'd you fix it?

Thanks in advance
#2JanayBerryPosted 5/13/2013 9:48:01 PM
When I came home from work about midnight, mine was 83% done with 1 hour 52 minutes remaining.

Having nothing to do, I went to sleep just before 1am. I woke up about 9am and the progress didn't change. The systems weren't frozen.

Moving forward, it was time for work. I did my 8 hours, came home and it was still 83% with 1 hour 52 minutes.

Went to sleep again, woke up to the same thing again. Having read that some people waited three days, I did that. Sadly, it was still in it's same state.

I cancelled it, and downloaded all my small file games, then most of my DLC that were small sizes. Overnight, I downloaded my big file DLC, and would download 1-3 big file games overnight.

4 days later and 6 big games remaining, it was better for me to just redownload.
---
DC Universe: "Janay Berry", fulltime Electric healer, "PerfectLegends" league, Villian since 2/4/11.
#3bigroc10304(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 9:58:37 PM
JanayBerry posted...
When I came home from work about midnight, mine was 83% done with 1 hour 52 minutes remaining.

Having nothing to do, I went to sleep just before 1am. I woke up about 9am and the progress didn't change. The systems weren't frozen.

Moving forward, it was time for work. I did my 8 hours, came home and it was still 83% with 1 hour 52 minutes.

Went to sleep again, woke up to the same thing again. Having read that some people waited three days, I did that. Sadly, it was still in it's same state.

I cancelled it, and downloaded all my small file games, then most of my DLC that were small sizes. Overnight, I downloaded my big file DLC, and would download 1-3 big file games overnight.

4 days later and 6 big games remaining, it was better for me to just redownload.

UGH! Not the answer I was hoping to hear... What an enormous waste of time if that's the case. I was gonna just do a back up onto an external and then DL what I had to, but when I saw that there was the 'Data Transfer Utility' it sounded like it'd be quicker and easier.

It's good to know that all the files weren't deleted. I jumped through a bunch of hoops to even get the DTU to work. I deactivated the system, updated both systems firmware, synced the trophies and a few other things that it had asked for. I just wanna see it hit the 14% remaining... Like I said earlier, I'm sitting at 86% and 31 minutes. I saw it jump from 85% to 86% around midnight (it's almost 1 am now.

This is gonna blow if I have to go through all the save files and DL all the games again. Can't seem to catch a break over the last week or so. Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.
#4bigroc10304(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 10:00:20 PM
It just jumped to 87%, bt the time went from 31 min to 32 min.... maybe I'll let it run for a little while longer just in case... 1% in about an hour. What a pain in the balls!
#5j2cc45Posted 5/13/2013 10:17:32 PM
it takes time just let it finish it does not freeze. just takes time especially near the end.
---
gt: thebullseye83 psn: bullseye83 wii fc : 7733 9593 3401 4921
#6bigroc10304(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 10:19:42 PM
It's now at 95% with an estimated time of 10 min. Fingers crossed! Thanks.
#7bigroc10304(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 11:48:02 PM
It took 6+ hrs, but it finished... Thanks the heavens I didn't have to do the tedious crap!
#8TheKonamiManPosted 5/14/2013 6:12:05 AM
Glad I saw this topic, I think I'll just use Plus to upload my save files to my online storage and then just download everything to my new PS3.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/TheKonamiMan/sig/SilentSig.jpg
|A|L|I|E|N|S| - My Anti-Drug
#9bigroc10304(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 10:34:56 AM
TheKonamiMan posted...
Glad I saw this topic, I think I'll just use Plus to upload my save files to my online storage and then just download everything to my new PS3.

I say it's worth it... At least give it a shot. Set it up before you go to bed, or go to work/school... Should finish by the time you're home. I know someone said it didn't work for them... But it was easier than doing every DL over. The hardest part was the waiting. So I popped Borderlands in my 360 and played it while I waited, checking back occasionally.

When it comes to playstation 3 updates and downloads there are gonna be issues. (I like XBL better than PSN, but being a PSN plus member gets you more stuff. It pays for itself 10 times over each year. XBL is better,imo, for playing online.) Let's hope that Sony decides to include a mic with every unit sold like M$. (And that they get rid of the frozen updates... I hate that more than anything)