This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trying to get my JRPG Fix before my Baby is born

#1NCPwnPosted 5/14/2013 2:22:26 PM
I've got like 3 months before my baby is born. I'm trying to finish my Tales of Graces f (been kinda bored but want to finish it as fast as possible).

So i own The Last Story. Should I play that or should I get Ni No Kuni? I enjoy JRPG but I actually tend to dislike the Cartoon style. Ni No Kuni's overworld looked nice, but I"m worried about the kiddy story/characters. But maybe it would be good to play it with the baby?

What say you.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#2BeknessPosted 5/14/2013 2:27:24 PM
The Last Story is pretty short, about 25-35 hours. I haven't played NNK.

Congrats on the baby, hope it goes well for you.
#3shawnmckPosted 5/14/2013 2:31:07 PM
I personally don't like JRPG's, but I have friends that do, and they say that Ni no Kuni is the best JRPG that they have played in a very long time.
#4NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 2:32:48 PM
Bekness posted...
The Last Story is pretty short, about 25-35 hours. I haven't played NNK.

Congrats on the baby, hope it goes well for you.

Thanks for the info, and kind word.s
---
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#5NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 2:33:41 PM
shawnmck posted...
I personally don't like JRPG's, but I have friends that do, and they say that Ni no Kuni is the best JRPG that they have played in a very long time.

I've been reading mixed reviews. But leaning on the side of getting it.
---
#6UpyersPosted 5/14/2013 2:35:23 PM
Rainbow Moon is amazing and i think its like $15 or so i got it whn it had the huge sale

Costume Qust is a nice short rpG and the DLC for it is great as well
---
PSN: Upyers My top 5 fave FFs: 7, 5, 9, 2, and 4
Reverb: reverbnation.com/kingblink
#7DarknessXSeekerPosted 5/14/2013 2:38:06 PM
NCPwn posted...
I've got like 3 months before my baby is born. I'm trying to finish my Tales of Graces f (been kinda bored but want to finish it as fast as possible).

So i own The Last Story. Should I play that or should I get Ni No Kuni? I enjoy JRPG but I actually tend to dislike the Cartoon style. Ni No Kuni's overworld looked nice, but I"m worried about the kiddy story/characters. But maybe it would be good to play it with the baby?

What say you.

Don't let the kiddy look of Ni No Kuni turn you away from the game. It is a really good game, I have been playing it for a week now and it is really fun. Every RPG fan should play Ni No Kuni regardless if you like the cartoon style or not.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#8AlltraPosted 5/14/2013 2:42:42 PM
I think Ni No Kuni is one of the best RPGs on the system. It does have some flaws and poor design issues, at least in my opinion, but overall I found it to be a very fun game. I just needs a bit more polish in certain areas, but the concept is good.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#9NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 2:42:44 PM
Upyers posted...
Rainbow Moon is amazing and i think its like $15 or so i got it whn it had the huge sale

Costume Qust is a nice short rpG and the DLC for it is great as well

Yes, Rainbow Moon is amazing, as I have it listed as part of my favorite Games of all time (see Signature).

I agree Costume Quest is a fun adventure. I play it every October to get me into the Fall season.
---
#10NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 2:45:33 PM(edited)
Well the bad reviews I've been reading is how bad the AI is in the game. Something like this could really ruin it for me. I feel like Tales of Graces F has bad AI (I"m probably the minority), but it's playable with friends as it allows 4 player couch co-op.

Edit: Just repeating what I've read, not saying I won't pick the game up.
---