This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A guy is forbidden from ever playing Playstation games. Is this fair?

#1PrinceOfHotPosted 5/15/2013 8:03:33 PM
http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/mass-murderer-sues-jail-not-getting-playstation-182415925.html

He's he is a mass murderer but he's probably bored in jail. Should he be allowed to play. Just because their psychotic doesn't mean they don't like gaming and deserve to pass their time in a non-destructive manner.

Should mass murderers be banned from PSN?

Interested in opinions here, no trolling please.
#2zyrax2301Posted 5/15/2013 8:06:36 PM
Prisoners should only ever be given access to books or exercise equipment for entertainment. Their liberty is withheld until they are released, so why the hell should they be constantly entertained?
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#3jammiesPosted 5/15/2013 8:06:48 PM
Yes.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#4PrinceOfHot(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 8:08:26 PM
I'm not a prisoner and I love reading books, its one of my favorite forms of entertainment, by that logic prisoners should be forbidden from reading or doing anything. The article also clearly states that other prisoners have computers/consoles etc. Should mass murderers be not allowed to play Playstation while the rapist just chills on PSN?
#5Nightmare637Posted 5/15/2013 8:09:17 PM
how would he pay for the games?
---
PSN:Nightmare637
3DS FC:4613-6937-5018
#6PrinceOfHot(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 8:11:49 PM
Nightmare637 posted...

I think prisoner's get some kind of government allowance or something, also family can pay for such things, or he could have had money saved before going to jail.

I mean its not like hes going to use the PSN to kill people, their just doesn't seem to be a rationale, seems like a violation of his rights.
#7jammiesPosted 5/15/2013 8:14:04 PM
PrinceOfHot posted...
Nightmare637 posted...

I think prisoner's get some kind of government allowance or something, also family can pay for such things, or he could have had money saved before going to jail.

I mean its not like hes going to use the PSN to kill people, their just doesn't seem to be a rationale, seems like a violation of his rights.

A right to play video games? Talk about extreme entitlement.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#8zerooo0Posted 5/15/2013 8:16:51 PM
In jail you have no rights. In jail you should not have any type of privileges. It's a rehabilitation center, not a 5 star hotel.
---
Lois, um, go get the medical dictionary and look up "fork" and "lung."-Peter Griffin
#9PrinceOfHot(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 8:25:02 PM
zerooo0 posted...
In jail you have no rights. In jail you should not have any type of privileges. It's a rehabilitation center, not a 5 star hotel.

Actually prisoner's have rights. Why is playing video games bad? They could be doing drugs or raping each other, if anything its a good passifying activity for them to pass their time, especially for the mass murderers that just want to play some games.
#10zyrax2301Posted 5/15/2013 8:27:07 PM
PrinceOfHot posted...
I'm not a prisoner and I love reading books, its one of my favorite forms of entertainment, by that logic prisoners should be forbidden from reading or doing anything. The article also clearly states that other prisoners have computers/consoles etc. Should mass murderers be not allowed to play Playstation while the rapist just chills on PSN?

That's YOU applying stupid logic buddy.

I'm not saying books are a bad form of entertainment, but they are cheap. Prisoners should not be allowed to purchase any form of entertainment, and books can be provided to jails at a low cost.

I also said "prisoners". I don't care if they're a shoplifter or a mass murderer, they're in jail so they shouldn't get jack s*** until they go free or die.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.