This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A guy is forbidden from ever playing Playstation games. Is this fair?

#371TheHateIsStrongPosted 5/16/2013 5:54:23 PM
I could prove my innocence if I were truly innocent. And doing so would be my top priority. Not video games. This guy could not prove it...and is paying for it as a convict.

He didn't really have much innocence to prove. He was seen doing everything, and chased down till he surrendered and still had a rifle with him.
---
An Opinion.
Not a name. Not a face. Not a friend
#372JKatarnPosted 5/16/2013 6:01:01 PM
ciberraja posted...
TheHateIsStrong posted...
So who are you to stand up and state that he's not being punished enough?

Who are you to claim people are judging from a "throne of perfection"?
And you are right, he is being punished enough, and there is no reason to ease the punishment allowing him to play games or get some entertainment.

This, I'd hardly call being able to seperate right/wrong, normal well-adjusted people from rapists, pedophiles and murderers as being on a "throne of perfection". In a civilized society we recognize that our fellow human beings have certain rights, the right to live, the right to decide what they do with their body, the right to pursue opportunities. The whole purpose of prison is to punish, denying prisoners all but the basics so they are indeed punished and forced to reflect on their crimes, not given luxuries like a gaming system.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#373Exiled_TonberryPosted 5/16/2013 6:01:06 PM
Prison must have amazing internet connection.

On the serious side: He's a mass muderer. He's lucky he's not dead himself.
---
PSN:Exiled_Tonberry
#374AtalalamaPosted 5/16/2013 6:06:52 PM
He's a murderer. He deserves to have his head put on a pike, body still attached, at the Welcome To sign at his home town.

Maggots in prison don't deserve luxuries. Violent criminals in particular deserve violence wrought upon themselves in return when in Prison. Non-violent criminals? Depends. Jackanapes who steal medium-to-large sums of money from others, for example the f***s at Enron, deserve to have their hands burned off and shoved in a hole until their time is up.
---
"It's all just a game, so let loose and have fun with it! I mean, a casualty or two along the way is no big deal, right?"
Natephil - Do you not poop?
#375TheHateIsStrongPosted 5/16/2013 6:07:22 PM
This, I'd hardly call being able to seperate right/wrong, normal well-adjusted people from rapists, pedophiles and murderers as being on a "throne of perfection". In a civilized society we recognize that our fellow human beings have certain rights, the right to live, the right to decide what they do with their body, the right to pursue opportunities. The whole purpose of prison is to punish, denying prisoners all but the basics so they are indeed punished and forced to reflect on their crimes, not given luxuries like a gaming system.

It's the way people are talking about it, that causes me to refer to the throne of perfection.

Most people are very judgemental about things they have no concept or concern about.

Do I think he deserves playstation? No. Nobody does. But he has every right to try in a prison that allows a computer for even a single inmate.

I personally think crimes of this sort, should be lead into a mincer once they leave the court, but that's borderline concentration camp logic.

Fact is, he committed the crime, he's being punished for the crime, and i'm sure his sentence encompasses all of being incarcerated for 7x life sentences, and as long as he's within the prison perimeter, he's fulfilling that punishment.

They have TV, they have books, they have board games, they have exercise and exercise equipment. I don't see the damage that hooking up a Playstation would do. And if he's truly after a standard playstation, there's no PSN to think of.
---
An Opinion.
#376TheHateIsStrongPosted 5/16/2013 6:08:16 PM
He's a murderer. He deserves to have his head put on a pike, body still attached, at the Welcome To sign at his home town.

Such violent thoughts.
---
An Opinion.
#377gamedude00000Posted 5/16/2013 6:08:35 PM
Prisoners shouldn't have access to anything that could remotely be considered fun. No books, no exercise equipment. Just leave them to their cell and there three square meals a day.
---
Now Playing: WoW, GW2, Day Z, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Gamefaqs Ancient Rank Reached 12/01/2011.
#378jubjub360Posted 5/16/2013 6:10:23 PM
gamedude00000 posted...
Prisoners shouldn't have access to anything that could remotely be considered fun. No books, no exercise equipment. Just leave them to their cell and there three square meals a day.

Push ups, pull ups, and creating their own weights.
---
I wonder if body builders know that to prevent clumping of their protein shake, that they have to put liquid onto dry. The more you know!
#379TheHateIsStrongPosted 5/16/2013 6:10:27 PM

In the 1920s, this was accurate.
---
An Opinion.
#380ryan0991Posted 5/16/2013 6:17:11 PM

I don't understand the logic behind this.

As if they have to be miserable 24/7. Oh no! A criminal might be having fun while in prison. It's such a tragedy that they be allowed to blow off some steam once in a while.

So no recreational activities and nothing that can be considered fun. That's cruel and would almost certainly cause more problems than it solves.
---
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/BOBtheMASTER.jpg
Could care less = you care at least somewhat. Couldn't care less = you don't care at all.