This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A guy is forbidden from ever playing Playstation games. Is this fair?

#401HighOnPhazonPosted 5/16/2013 7:43:57 PM
Maybe I should also state that I agree with Cythe here, a case by case basis is needed to justify who gets what kinds of privileges. Someone that ate a baby and then raped some child? They shouldn't even get a jail sentence, just straight up death penalty. Someone that hit someone with a car by accident and is serving for manslaughter? Maybe they deserve a bit more privileges.

But I never did specifically say in my previous posts that all inmates are animals, but I have stated that most child molesters, rapist and murderers really, IMO, don't deserve any kind of lawful privilege.
---
GT: AncientToaster
Speak of the devil...and he shall appear
#402ryan0991Posted 5/16/2013 7:47:50 PM(edited)
It accomplishes ruining his life

And the point of that is?

We as a society are made up of individuals, some of which feel that this is the right thing to do to criminals.

Notice I said "should". The fact that society has such a fetish for punishment is the problem.

He did, he stated that there are way too many apologists, which is true.

No he didn't.

He added nothing that wasn't already said in a much more intelligent and thoughtful manner.

Part of the problem in America is our bleeding heart society who think it's worth paying taxes to keep these animals in places that actually make homeless people jealous.

And there's the bloodthirstiness again.

Part of the problem in America is our bloodthirsty, punishment obsessed society that isn't interested in actual solutions.
---
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/BOBtheMASTER.jpg
Could care less = you care at least somewhat. Couldn't care less = you don't care at all.
#403Jakistan77Posted 5/16/2013 7:50:37 PM
I'm sorry, OP, but the only things mass murderers should be allowed to do in their free time is write poetry on the walls of their cells using their feces as a pencil.
---
Someone call Kenny Loggins, because we're in the DANGER ZONE
#404TheHateIsStrongPosted 5/16/2013 7:56:59 PM
Please don't refer to me as an apologist for a murderer.
---
An Opinion.
Not a name. Not a face. Not a friend
#405jubjub360Posted 5/16/2013 7:59:33 PM
ryan0991 posted...

We as a society are made up of individuals, some of which feel that this is the right thing to do to criminals.

Notice I said "should". The fact that society has such a fetish for punishment is the problem.

No he didn't.

He added nothing that wasn't already said in a much more intelligent and thoughtful manner.

Part of the problem in America is our bleeding heart society who think it's worth paying taxes to keep these animals in places that actually make homeless people jealous.

Part of the problem in America is our bloodthirsty, punishment obsessed society that isn't interested in actual solutions.

Yeah we should just let murders stay out and continue to murder. Your an apologist like the guy mentioned.
---
I wonder if body builders know that to prevent clumping of their protein shake, that they have to put liquid onto dry. The more you know!
#406LiteUpSkeletonPosted 5/16/2013 8:05:59 PM
Poeple in jail can have a TV and pay for cable to watch in their cell(In the U.S.). They pay for their own cable. My opinion is that they shouldn't have access to this kind of stuff. If they allow video games and the food improves then every bum in the country would want to get locked up. If your in jail you don't deserve luxuries, your there for a reason.
---
And to think... I hesitated.
#407AtalalamaPosted 5/16/2013 8:07:51 PM
ryan0991 posted...

No he didn't.

What do you expect? Humans are a blood-thirst species by design/default. Yes, we have the ability to reason, which gives us the ability to distinguish between "right" and "wrong",

Our inner-most thoughts are often violent. It is our ability to NOT act those thoughts out that enable us to be the species we are.

On the same token, however, it is our responsibility to our species and species other than ours to enact justice upon those who ignore the societal demand of peaceful co-existence. Myself, I am of the camp who believes that if a crime is so horrendous, and the knowledge of its' perpetrator beyond doubt, then said criminal should be put down as we do rabid animals. In part for societal vengeance, in part to ensure the criminal will never have the opportunity to harm another again, in part to serve as warning to those who also want to ignore peaceful co-existence, and in part so said criminal won't leech off society for the rest of their misbegotten lives.

If that means sticking a mass-murderers' still-attached head on a pike and displaying the dying criminal at the entrance of town, then so be it.
---
"It's all just a game, so let loose and have fun with it! I mean, a casualty or two along the way is no big deal, right?"
Natephil - Do you not poop?
#408PrinceOfHot(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 8:18:32 PM
TheHateIsStrong posted...
He's a murderer. He deserves to have his head put on a pike, body still attached, at the Welcome To sign at his home town.

Such violent thoughts.

Yea. All these non-criminals have some very grotesque ideas about how to deal with actual criminals.
---
---
Video games do not cause violence. Violence may cause video games.
#409TheHateIsStrongPosted 5/16/2013 8:21:01 PM
Yea. All these non-criminals have some very grotesque ideas about how to deal with actual criminals.

It's quite hypocritical
---
An Opinion.
Not a name. Not a face. Not a friend
#410ryan0991Posted 5/16/2013 8:22:28 PM
Yeah we should just let murders stay out and continue to murder. Your an apologist like the guy mentioned.

Holy batman strawman argument.

Also, "you're" not "your".
---
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/BOBtheMASTER.jpg
Could care less = you care at least somewhat. Couldn't care less = you don't care at all.