This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EA getting rid of online passes

#41PsychoWolfXPosted 5/16/2013 5:08:36 PM
It's about time they did something right.
#42ShockG707Posted 5/16/2013 5:34:14 PM
If EA had one shred of dignity they would cease all online passes currently STILL in existence, but this is EA were talking about. I dont trust them not one bit.
#43jubjub360Posted 5/16/2013 5:37:47 PM
Rundy77 posted...
Welp it looks like they will stop this. But the bad thing is now they are going 100% digital. I mean that isnt really THAT bad, but I never was a big digital guy..

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-07-02-ea-is-going-to-be-a-100-percent-digital-company-period-says-gibeau

"We're going to be a 100% digital company, period. It's going to be there some day. It's inevitable"
Frank Gibeau

Yeah that's in the way future.
---
I wonder if body builders know that to prevent clumping of their protein shake, that they have to put liquid onto dry. The more you know!
#44jing0000Posted 5/16/2013 5:38:02 PM
Giving that it's EA...I have to wonder what they are doing in place of this....Mass microtransaction?
---
none
#45GunzleaderPosted 5/16/2013 8:27:21 PM
yea try to look innocent. you'll get yours ea. and every other online pass company.
god i wish it was illegal to try to stop used games like that one country. i may move there...
---
you are not "official" anything of any board get a life. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#46Bolc56(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 12:50:54 AM
well even though they are probably doing it to sell more micro-transaction's you have to admit it's a start
#47DEKMStephensPosted 5/17/2013 1:20:11 AM
Bolc56 posted...
well even though they are probably doing it to sell more micro-transaction's you have to admit it's a start

A new start, at best
---
The official nothing of nothing at the moment.
Return Moe! D:<
#48huyiPosted 5/17/2013 5:22:53 AM(edited)
Red_Jester posted...

The most obvious thing based off of media attention would be always-on DRM or the anti-used games measures that may or may not be found in next-gen consoles that each publisher makes a decision to use or not.

Also, you guys SEVERELY underestimate the impending growth of F2P games on consoles. Sony is welcoming F2P games with open arms and you know Microsoft will do the same. I'll bet anyone right now that about two years into the next generation, 25% or more of all releases will be F2P.

argh! that is a horrible thought! 25%? i thought it would be much higher than that (EA are like the plague). and sony in the past have said that its up to publishers if they want to use the lock out features for used games on the ps4 so EA won't need online passes anymore once they migrate to that, idc for ps4 anyway.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD DLC THE GAME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
#49huyiPosted 5/17/2013 5:22:10 AM
Gunzleader posted...
yea try to look innocent. you'll get yours ea. and every other online pass company.
god i wish it was illegal to try to stop used games like that one country. i may move there...

i wish it was illegal for any lock out dlc practises i hate all of them! and this is one of the reasons i hate EA so much.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD DLC THE GAME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
#50Bolc56(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 1:50:07 PM
huyi posted...
Gunzleader posted...

i wish it was illegal for any lock out dlc practises i hate all of them! and this is one of the reasons i hate EA so much.

Well to be honest, I really don't mind online passes but what I do mind is the over abundance of dlc and micro-transactions