This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ps+ is getting too much praise

#61zeth07Posted 5/16/2013 4:23:38 PM
It hasn't quite been a year since I had PS+ but I paid $50 for a year subscription and just from that alone I've had the chance to play OVER $1000 worth of PSN/PS3 games and over $300 worth of PSVita games. I'd provide the list but I'm sure it doesn't need to be shown.

I might need to double check my math here but $1300 > $50.

I'll just use a simple example, I didn't buy inFamous 2 or VF5:FS, prices to buy them at the time they were put on PS+ = $55 together, a year of PS+ = $50. I Platinum'd inFamous 2 and 100% VF5:FS, so generally speaking I wouldn't need to ever play them again and I got my money's worth. Already with just those 2 games I'm $5 over the cost of PS+ for a YEAR.

That doesn't even take into consideration the actual money saved from discounts on the games you actually buy which you DO get to keep even after you end your subscription. So again I'm not a mathematician but as soon as your Money Saved > $50 it would become a worthy investment.

So anyone who has passed elementary school can probably figure out that PS+ is "worth it".
#62kcypher2000Posted 5/16/2013 5:08:54 PM
king_madden posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
dj___roll posted...
Quote:KulaXDiamond posted...
$17 for 3 months of "rented" games is a great deal unless you're stupid which by the fanboy comment, you're just a typical.assclown.

Idk where the hell you live but to rent a new game here you have to pay a $20 deposit plus 2 nights is $6. So if you want to rent 3 Games that's already $18+ a $20 deposit for each game.

It pays for itself.

thats good and all, but once you stop paying them all your games go bye bye
not to mention psn games are useless next gen, so you're pretty much throwing 17 dollars every 3 months when you look back 5-10 years from now (or whenever you get a ps4)

@lambchips

And how is that different than renting?

When u rent you can pick the games you want. Not olf games that real gamers would have played already if they were interested in them.

so if all you are getting from ps+ are games that are old or games that if people wanted they wouldve bought, what games do you rent?

I mean thats like saying "why rent, if i was interested in it I wouldve bought it". ps+ isnt there to provide you with the latest and greatest new titles, it gives you games that maybe you did over look, or was hesitant to purchase, now you get it for super cheap and can play it for at least a year, which is more than enough time for the majority.

all the people who hate, are against, or just want to troll ps+ dont seem to understand, that its not for every single gamer out there, if you dont like it fine, but you cant say its bad for the next person because you dont know the next person preferences.

also when you rent you are paying A LOT more money.

You can rent new games genius. And you actually can pick them.
#63kcypher2000Posted 5/16/2013 5:13:25 PM
zeth07 posted...
It hasn't quite been a year since I had PS+ but I paid $50 for a year subscription and just from that alone I've had the chance to play OVER $1000 worth of PSN/PS3 games and over $300 worth of PSVita games. I'd provide the list but I'm sure it doesn't need to be shown.

I might need to double check my math here but $1300 > $50.

I'll just use a simple example, I didn't buy inFamous 2 or VF5:FS, prices to buy them at the time they were put on PS+ = $55 together, a year of PS+ = $50. I Platinum'd inFamous 2 and 100% VF5:FS, so generally speaking I wouldn't need to ever play them again and I got my money's worth. Already with just those 2 games I'm $5 over the cost of PS+ for a YEAR.

That doesn't even take into consideration the actual money saved from discounts on the games you actually buy which you DO get to keep even after you end your subscription. So again I'm not a mathematician but as soon as your Money Saved > $50 it would become a worthy investment.

So anyone who has passed elementary school can probably figure out that PS+ is "worth it".

And smarter people would have rented these games or bought them and owned them for way less than you priced them at considering how quickly those games droppes in value so spare me your horrible math. Thats like saying ive saved millions by playing free games on iphone.

Truth is that real gamers would have played infamous 2 when it was new or not even been interested in it to begin with.
#64Draconas_LyrrPosted 5/16/2013 5:14:31 PM
lambchips posted...
People will say anything to justify their subscription....
this is especially true to sony fanboys (they will hype anything sony pumps out)

$17 for 3 months of "rented" games is a great deal unless you're stupid which by the fanboy comment, you're just a typical.assclown.

Idk where the hell you live but to rent a new game here you have to pay a $20 deposit plus 2 nights is $6. So if you want to rent 3 Games that's already $18+ a $20 deposit for each game.

It pays for itself.

I love PS+...but it must suck to live where you do. It costs $7 to rent a new game for 5 nights here with no deposit needed..
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#65kcypher2000Posted 5/16/2013 5:16:40 PM
Nightwish posted...
cloud saving and auto-update alone are worth the subscription, I've been a subscriber pretty much since it came out and have like 100 'free' games. I really don't understand the hate people have for plus, except they're the same people who hate on everything and are generally miserable. Free or not free is debatable, what is NOT debatable is the fact that plus is one of the best subscription based services on consoles yet based solely on discounts.

You got it backwards kiddo. Its not free. Fact. Its a lease. Its debatably a good deal if you like leasing old games that you could buy for less than a movie. Also auto updates is something psn users use out of denial than psn is just plain slow. Its called a 10 second update on xbox or pc.
#66NightwishPosted 5/16/2013 7:26:04 PM
kcypher2000 posted...
Nightwish posted...
cloud saving and auto-update alone are worth the subscription, I've been a subscriber pretty much since it came out and have like 100 'free' games. I really don't understand the hate people have for plus, except they're the same people who hate on everything and are generally miserable. Free or not free is debatable, what is NOT debatable is the fact that plus is one of the best subscription based services on consoles yet based solely on discounts.

You got it backwards kiddo. Its not free. Fact. Its a lease. Its debatably a good deal if you like leasing old games that you could buy for less than a movie. Also auto updates is something psn users use out of denial than psn is just plain slow. Its called a 10 second update on xbox or pc.

So go to the Xbox or PC boards instead of ****ing on things people on these boards enjoy. And claiming updates take 10 seconds on 360 or pc is just flat out false. System updates on ps3 and 360 are generally the same amount of time give or take a min or 2. And as far as not being free, it is stated every time you download a free game that the game is free AS LONG AS you are a subscriber.
---
PSN: Xnightwish XBL: Xnightwish
Proud member of the Devils/Islanders Alliance
#67king_maddenPosted 5/16/2013 7:29:57 PM
kcypher2000 posted...
king_madden posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
dj___roll posted...
Quote:KulaXDiamond posted...

It pays for itself.

thats good and all, but once you stop paying them all your games go bye bye
not to mention psn games are useless next gen, so you're pretty much throwing 17 dollars every 3 months when you look back 5-10 years from now (or whenever you get a ps4)

@lambchips

And how is that different than renting?

When u rent you can pick the games you want. Not olf games that real gamers would have played already if they were interested in them.

so if all you are getting from ps+ are games that are old or games that if people wanted they wouldve bought, what games do you rent?

I mean thats like saying "why rent, if i was interested in it I wouldve bought it". ps+ isnt there to provide you with the latest and greatest new titles, it gives you games that maybe you did over look, or was hesitant to purchase, now you get it for super cheap and can play it for at least a year, which is more than enough time for the majority.

all the people who hate, are against, or just want to troll ps+ dont seem to understand, that its not for every single gamer out there, if you dont like it fine, but you cant say its bad for the next person because you dont know the next person preferences.

also when you rent you are paying A LOT more money.

You can rent new games genius. And you actually can pick them.

i love that you use the word genius while failing to understand what I was saying.

this ladies and gentleman is the person who doesnt understand the purpose of ps+, but instead of just saying its not for him he feels compelled to mock it. I dont know about you, but I like a lot of other people dont get a chance to play every single game that comes out when it comes out, a lot of people have backlogs, a lot of people have games they were interested in but never got because they werent sure about it, or were introduced to a game they didnt think they would like but thanks to the free games they found a new game to enjoy.

oh and lol @ "real gamers" I forgot to add that last time, I was laughing too hard. some people actually feel thats something special.
#68Battleship_GrayPosted 5/16/2013 7:37:00 PM
There's not a lot of point conversing with someone who uses "real ganers" as part of an argument.
---
http://e-carpenter.tumblr.com/
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#69mistergrownmanPosted 5/16/2013 7:37:38 PM
Sorry, but you are wasting time arguing with someone who says things like "real gamers"
---
Guns don't kill people. Husbands who come home early do.
#70mistergrownmanPosted 5/16/2013 7:43:58 PM
I personally don't see what's wrong with PS+. It has been very beneficial for me. Given the mentality of today's gamers... most buy, complete, and trade it in. I just joined last year, and I've played a lot of games and benefitted from discounts. Many of those games I never actually got around to playing, but I enjoyed very much. This year alone I played VF5: Final Showdown, Darksiders, Sleeping Dogs, and Spec Ops: The Line. I even got to finally try out Demon's Souls so I can't really complain.

The day one 20% discount on Metro : Last Night made it to sweet to pass up. The best part about it.. it's completely optional and you can still play your MP games without it.
---
Guns don't kill people. Husbands who come home early do.